the on going saga of gallbladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone haven't been on for a while got my gallbladder removed in may have had terrible time with burping and gurgling stomach going to loo three times a day tightness under ribs and middle chest.doctor put me on laperzole seemed to be working now bad as ever will this ever end.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The gurgling was so loud- I was SOOOO hoping it didn't last and it didn't!  But my nausea and pain pretty much subsided after a few weeks....hope yours gets better too.    Good luck. 

• Posted

No it doesn't but stay strong you learn to live with it..the bloating in different areas of my stomach is a awful feeling Zantac seems to work for me.. but at least your pooping I stay constipated all the time it's a mess so shocked to see so many people have problems after surgery good luck and you are not alone

• Posted

Hi Linda, I've had mine out 2weeks ago, ive been advised to take pro biotics daily, digestive enzymes before each meal and slippery elm before I go to bed. I was suffering bad with bloating, gas, burping, and was worried about getting distended tummy as I was looking pregnant and my tummy was very hard. The doctor didn't give me any medication to help I've found out about this via chat groups and others suffering the same. I can't believe the difference it has made! Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply I will certainly look into this x
  • Posted

saga is the right term for it certainly Linda lolcheesygrin? just been in hospital for 10 days and the pain u have at the begining was absoultely awful.cry? after reading up on the gall stone problem over the last couple of days, it seems that this like many other health problems are more of a case of managing it instead of curing it. Those who have had an op and feel great, I envy you eek? as for the rest of us mortals,smile? we can only grin and bare it lol Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.