The Remarkable Forum Members

Posted , 6 users are following.

I want to thank each and every member of this forum because what you have achieved here is truly remarkable.

I  lived through the era where Anxiety Disorder and Depression was totally devoid of understanding or help. There is nothing lonelier or more frightening in the world than to not know what is happening to you nor how to help yourself and worse still, no one to whom one can turn to for complete and utter understanding.

Everyone on this site might be at different stages in their illness, but the  equal measure of willingness, the kindness and encouragement given, embraces one and all. By posting you either directly or inadvertently help each other. It is through posts that we recognize certain experiences that others reveal. It takes away much of the fear, much of the despair. It ignites hope, it ignites encouragement.

When people themselves are struggling yet have the heart and good grace to reach out to help others, then that, surely, is beyond price. To have somewhere to "go" when at our lowest ebb, to have someone who truly understands "listen" is breathtaklingly empathetic.

So whilst this might sound overly sentimental, somewhat maudling, I still want to thank you all. You cannot even begin to know how much you have all helped me.

xxx

7 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Beautiful post.
    • Posted

That made feel good inside. That was so kind. People like you make this world bearable love.
    • Posted

Lisa, hand on heart,  I can say that you always go that extra mile for those on the Forum. You should feel good! You deserve to feel good.
  • Posted

We are FAMILY  prayers and love to this group. Fought my battle  53 yrs of Panic.attacks .Its no walk threw the park. heck sometimes I could not walk in the park from anxiety.smh God Bless Helen
  • Posted

What an elequent and gracious post in tribute to the members of this group. I am new to the group, reading posts, getting a feel for things and contributing when I can.  Must say I have been impressed with the sincerity, caring and kindness in the posts. I have been born with anxiety so to speak but at a young age learned to mask It and just suffer. Now I'm entering my senior years I realize just how much fear has effected my life choices including impact upon family, career, health and still does. Nice to know there are kind people who understand the suffering.

• Posted

Your words are like a sweet melody to my ears - your words such poetry . . . . how gracious you are and so supportive.

?It's people like you who keep me coming back. It's people like you who give me hope and strength.

?Yes, with the ebbs and flows with our lives, we can have peace of mind on this forum. That we are not crazies but people who need each other.

?Helen, you are blessing! Thank you!!

• Posted

You know Tip, this site truly is our Refuge,and as dear Cia said, we are a family.

I came to realize that Anxiety Disorder/ depression and it's many offshoots, in a sense, reduces us to that small frightened child all alone in the dark. But it is here, on this site, where we step into the light provided by the courage and caring of Forum members.

I find that aspect profoundly moving

On this Forum  we are each a single thread of a tapestry. It's the threads that weave the pattern of life. And the picture we create together is simply beautiful

From my heart I thank you all again.

Strength in numbers everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.