The truth

Posted , 7 users are following.

I always thought that I haven't been told t he truth about my diagnosis, I had a left hip replacement and bone graft in July 2016. Now I have been told by my GP that i had hip dysplasia, and this is why I needed a replacement. As I work for a college in Cardiff they paid for me to see my consultant privately for pain in my right hip, and imagine my surprise when he has no idea who i am, even after showing him my left hip MRI and asking about the dysplasia he denied knowing anything.

I just can't get my head round the fact that I've not been told the truth and feel I have been lied to

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Isn’t it awful when you put your trust in a consultant only to find out they have let you down :-( I’m so sorry and totally understand how you feel.
  • Posted

Sorry!  I managed mental health centers for years and hated it when someone lied to me.  In my case it was never personal.  I just fired the liars when, after given enough rope, hung themselves.  (Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurses, Techs, etc)  in your case I would find an attorney that specializes in medical malpractice.  The guy didn’t even kiss you first!  Sorry, but I have an internal hatred towards people like that.  You need to keep in mind the Latin phrase (Litem intende vappis)  Sue the B*****d.  Good luck!
    • Posted

That's what I am doing ...... Litem intende vappis

but google says it should be   ad petendam nothi

I never learned Latin though.

• Posted

I studied a little but also got this off Google.  No telling.  I was trying to remember what was on an attorney friend’s desk years ago.
  • Posted

Hi Daffi

How weird!   I too, had hip dysplasia and have a metal plate in my left hip due to spurring.  My right hip followed with surgery but you have the evidence you had a hip replacement so it is just crazy. Is this some sort of cover up?

All the best.

• Posted

Morning,

Thanks for you reply. I believe that this is a cover up, my notes have a sticker across them, 'notes not to be removed from Llandough hospital', this alarms me as its not on anyone else's notes. I'm told nothing and all my questions are ignored. After an MRI of my left hip I was on the urgent list, someone came to see me every morning but they didn't see anyone else, this also worried me. My left hip is fantastic but not so my right,i just want to know the truth as to what my problems were.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.