the urgency?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I used to have really bad C with ibs and bad stomach pains, so bad i was refered to a gynaecologist, but now I don't have that i've just recently had the urgency to go, I think it might have to do with the iron pills i am on, but how do you cope with the urgency to go? 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi lucy: 

I hope we get some answers because I feel the same as you do.  I'd like to have some kind of portable tiolet that doesn't look like one to carry around with me.  Seems like I have the urge all the time except when I'm sleeping.  Lots of gas but ya never know.   I don't want any surprises.  HELP this is urgent.  cry

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Lucy i have IBS and Diverticular C & D and i find iron tablets make me constipated. If i have a session of urgency then i take a Codiene tablet about 5mg and that seems to calm things down. Immodium are not good for me and other people share this view but a low dose Codiene ( i cut a 10mg in half ). Hope you find a way that wors for you it is all trial and error. Best wishes Sue.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi susan:  wish I could take codiene but it does bad things to my system.  Will not allow me to sleep.  I have IBS-A and never know what to expect.  I know that stress causes an instant flare but there is always stress.  I'm stumped.  I take xanax to calm the anxiety but that makes me sleepy and I end up walking around like a zombie feeling like I have to go almost all the time.  It's a real trial.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up