The worst part.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just finished my second week on 10 mg and I'm starting the third. The worst part for me is feeling so detached and disconnected. This is the worst possible feeling. I almost would rather have anxiety and not feel so foreign. Everything just feels so off. I hate This more than anything. It is taking any possible joy out of life and there's nothing I can do to distract myself from it. Is this just life now?

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

You should up to 20mg if you have pass 2nd weeks 10mg is just a starting dose to get into your system 20mg you will notice the drug working also side effects may come back again but milder so keep it i it's a good drug but unfortunately not working for me but works for others smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You need to give the drug time to work, another three weeks. It is possible there will be a standard increase of the medication at about four weeks when they will feel you have got used to this medication.

I have been on Citalopram now for about ten years, I take 20mg daily and eventually it did work, However you need to give the drug time.You will feel a lot better as you get used to the drug

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

There is no reason why it will continue, give it time, you should be ok, however talk to your GP if you feel the need.

I have problems remembering what day it is in the morning, this could be in my case caused by Opiates, that I need to take.

The most important thing is, you must be comfortable in your own skin so whatever you decide follow your pathway

All the very best Christmas and New Year

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi border I see you have been on citalopram a year did you experience and OCD on your breathing ? I've been on citalopram 5 weeks now on 10Mg my doc wants to swap me to sertraline cause I said I think of my breathing to much

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Levi

I have been on this drug for around ten years now for a Reactive Depression for a Chronic Disability, 

If your GP is happy to change your medication go for the change, most of the side effects can be the same, I suppose if you are concerned re breathing you have nothing to loose

All the best

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Walter the depersonalisation was the worst for me too scary also but believe me I'm now on my 5th week and it's gone totally and I'm sleeping much better still waking in the night but going back to sleep and feel much better in a morning, hang in there it will get better I promise I'm on 10mg aswell

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Debbie! It's so hard to get through the day right now I can imagine that this is my life foreverr. I'm not thinking of hurting myself or anything like that but I just can't imagine going on like this. Is this normal?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I know with this I thought I would always feel that way but I assure you it will soon pass and I went for walks even just around the block where I lived and it helped I started doing jigsaws once I could concentrate a little and I mm Joe having good days most of the time, it will pass Walter and keep sharing how you're feeling and before you know it you will be telling us how good you are!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up