The Wow Effect ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

By which month you started feeling better on citalopram ?

and when you started feeling the " Wow Effect " of it ( When you fully recovered ) ?

the reason i'm asking is because i've been on it for 4 months and been through the side effects (increased anxiety, dizziness etc) and feeling a bit better ... but not what i've expected reading through this forum .

Merry Christmas 😊

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm just going into week 7. Week 1 and 2 horrid 3 slightly better. Week 4 and 5 amazing.

Week 6 i picked a cold up and the side effects came flooding back. Week 7 and they have stated to ease again.

Youll hear it alot on here the medication takes about 3 months to correctly work so give it time. Youll have good days and bad days. Also like my councillor has said, this time of the year p*ss people under stress for many reasons and can cause more side effects so bear with the meds.

• Posted

Took me 6 months to be fully recovered. It started around 3 months. Even after 6 months I continued to improve up to a year.

Been on the meds twice and second time it took longer - 8 months.

• Posted

I was on 20mg for three months , after two weeks of really hoendous side effects things settled down but a lot of the side effects remained , I eventfully had enough of these feelings so started reducing my dose that's when I noticed my recovery , I've now come of completely & have been feeling great ever since

• Posted

You will be on your medication for a longer period to give you time to recover, do not rush the treatment.

Hopfully after a few more months your GP will work out a plan of drug withdrawal for you when He feels you are ready

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.