Therapist said I should go to work, but I'm full of fear.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, this is my first time posting. So I'm quite nervous, and also... embarassed. But trying to open up more.

I've had GAD and panic disorder since I was 17, and I'm 24 now.

I'm on citalopram and clonazepam. 

Last week I was eating sushi with a bunch of friends at a restaurant and I felt as if my throat was closing, from there on. I went into a full panic and went home to take my clonazepam.

I haven't been to work since. It's my dream job and I'm afraid I will panic and end up never wanting to go there ever again. Also my fiance and I are looking at getting into a apartment together. et everytime I have a panic attack after a couple of years. I seem to just never want to leave my mothers home since it's "safe."

Any advice? Should I go to work tomorrow? It's 30 minutes away and I'm nervous about the drive as well.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Should I make the move and move with her into a apartment and leave my "safe" zone at my mothers? Sorry if I sound crazy or pathetic. Just really would love some advice.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Like honestly what is it your afraid of something? Relax just don't let it bother you. Whatever it is. Honestly think what are u doing . Most is.just u.doing.it.to.yourself. Relax be happy . Be happy kid
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try not to worry about your job. Its only a job. If you lose it your not going to die. You wont get the sack if you have gad. They have to accept the fact that you have a condition. You need to tell your boss thow because they may offer you support and be more understanding than you think. I know someone who is in your shoes and told his boss. Turns out his boss's wife suffers from gad so he totally understood. Always be upfront. It will be a great weight off your mind. As for moving out. Its the best thing for you. Take some leaps and try to enjoy life more. Your only here once. Take the chances that you have
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Are you allergic to seafood? Anaphylaxis?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you so much guys! And I have no allergies , I did a full allergy test last year.

I just really overthink things, and I'm just terrified of panic attacks i guess and thinking it will strip everything away from me.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its not your throat your feeling its your lymphatic fluid moving upward on its path through your body it slows down if your on devices all day like phones or bad posture neck injury, back injury, nose injury, medication and from sitting around all day thats why the swedish people take sauna baths all the time it keeps your lymph fluid flowing, drink alot of water and do cardio you wont die.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up