There is a lot of things wrong with me, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to live life with them.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know the title probably sounds dumb and I'm not sure where I should really post this. But I've had depression for almost a year now, along with anxiety, self-doubt, self-hatred, low self-estem (if thats how you spell it) and also loneliness and stomach pains. Its a lot I know but I'm getting to a point where I seriously cant keep living life like this. I hardly eat anything in the day because I'm scared of how my stomach will react, sometimes its fine with food, other times it goes crazy. Getting dangerously close to self harming too, almost did it the other night rolleyes Then recently I've been having terrible dreams for the past 3 nights about bullying from my past. I wont blame anyone here if they dont know what to do to help, I know its a lot to ask since its so many problems...

But all of this does end up leading to me getting depressed almost every day....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I kind of know how you feel. I've been very depressed too for around 6 months. I wish I had better advice because I need it myself. I hope you feel better somehow anyways. Please don't hurt yourself because that won't fix anything. You sound like a nice person and I bet there's more in life than sorrow. Take care!

Al

• Posted

Dont feel too bad for not being able to give advice, I know that it can be hard for people like us to give advice when we are depressed. I'm doing my best to live through life every day despite the many problems I have though, and I hope you can keep on going as well. 

• Posted

I have always had low self esteem and a not so good opinion of myself. I was born with a disability...spina bifida and have always seen myself as more of a burden to my family than anything else. I never really had many friends growing up and that along with other issues has helped to worsen my depression. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and talked to my GP about the way I was feeling. He prescribed an anti-depressant and I must say that after giving it time to begin to work and getting dosage adjusted to fit my needs I am finally starting to feel better. Please do not do anything to harm yourself. I know it's hard but please talk to your doctor and see what your options for treatment might be. I know that different people need different things to help them heal but please take the first step and talk to your doctor. If I hadn't I know I would be much worse off today.

• Posted

Well, I'm sorry to hear about everything that happened to you. For me, almost every day at school was horrible because of insults and getting bullied and that has most defineitly had an impact on me now, worsening my depression. I'm going to see my doctor tommorow and I'm going to talk about my self harming urges to see what he says. I'm hoping theres a bright future ahead of me and I wont be trapped in this darkness forever. 

• Posted

Hi ShadowClaw - yes see the docf, be open an honest about what you are feeling. He/she may prescribe meds to help balance your mood. You might want to ask for a referral to a psychologist/therapist/counsellor where you can talk out what was done to you by those bullies. It's not brave or sensible to allow these intrusive thoughts to infect your life. It is brave and sensible to seek help for it. Good luck to you and we are always here to talk.

• Posted

Went to see the doctor today though it didnt seem like he really was affected by me telling him about me almost self harming. I told him about my stomach cramps though and I'm getting a blood test and a stool test. I've had these stomach issues for almost my whole life and have never been able to figure out why or whats wrong. I'm contiuning to see my therapist tomorrow so I'll tell him about the self harming stuff. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.