There is a small bump on the shaft of my penis... I

Posted , 1 user is following.

There is a small bump on the shaft of my penis... It is only visible when my penis is erect...it's not itching or became red nothing like that but I'm just scared... please if anyone can help me out or suggest ...what it is or should I visit a doctor!?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Bumps or lumps that appear near the base of the penis are very common, most have a very simple explanation such as a blocked skin pore or ingrown or blocked hair follicle - most appear in the area where pubic hair is present, or it could be a harmless cyst

Can you post a picture ..... ?

• Posted

actually it's not visible properly...i can only feel it when the penis is erect... I think it is a cyst...is it harmful!?

• Posted

... penile cyst's are not harmful, leave it alone and it will go in its own time - this can take best part of a year in some cases - if it is irritated by handling it will grow in size ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.