There is hope!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,  I just wanted to come back with a success story in hope that it gives anyone some hope.  I started with depression and anxiety in august 2016.  This was my second time with depression.  The drug (Zoloft) which worked for me the first time, did not work the second time).  I went through hell for 18 months.  I tried so many medications.  I tried Zoloft, Citalopram, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Lithium, Gabapentin, Olanzapine, seroquel, risperdal, cogentin, Klonopin.  I am extremely sensitive to mediction which made is extremely difficult to medicate me.  Working very closely with my psychiatrist and tweaking dosages and different combinations of drugs for 18 months, I finally got on the cocktail that works for me. (Lamical, and Paxil).  After 4 different therapist, I finally found one that got me the rest of the way to healing. I just wanted to come back and give some hope.  When people get better, they leave the forums, and live their lives, which leads many people to think that no one gets better, but people do get better.  Don’t give up.  There are many times when I wanted to.  Reach out to someone who understands but know that not everyone will understand, and thats ok.  There will be people who do.  I hope and pray all of you find relieve.  {{{hugs and prayers}}}

8 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is such good news! Yes, I believe it also...that there is hope. Blessings xx 
  • Posted

so good to hear from someone that has kicked depression's butt!  I know first hand it is very possible.   That's a lot of different meds you tried. Im just curious how long did you give each one a try before it was time to give up and try something else? 

• Posted

It’s hard to remember how long I was on each.  Once I had the issue with the zoloft, Iwas never on an antidepressant without a mood stabilizer.  My pdoc is different than other pdocs in that he doesn’t believe you need to be on a drug for weeks and weeks before you can see a trend.  Once we finally found a trend, we were able to tweak it and solve my problem. . I was very thankful for that, as I believe he took the right approach.  He was diligent enough to see I had mixed depression which most people are unaware they have it.  If you want to know more about mixed depression here just google:  The Complexity of “Mixed” Depression: A Common Clinical Presentation.

• Posted

That’s incredibly kind to think of those still struggling to give us all hope that there is an end to the struggle we are in. Gives us something to aim at x.    Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.