There IS hope for all of you!! Please read, i'm sure it'll help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

If i said I was completely anxiety free I'd be lying, but I can say for a fact this is the best I've felt in months, for once I am seeing things clearly and being less afraid and just going with the flow and living in the moment.

By going back to work, starting the gym and stuff I'm busy a lot I have the motivation back and the gym is my hobby. Being in work made me wonder how I ever coped being out of it, It's motivating knowing your working and part of something. I never thought I'd get out that black hole I faced everyday wondering how I would feel the next day and so on, I was so close to giving up, I used to wake up every morning and examine how I felt, now I get up every morning and get on with the day, I have some anxious thoughts but hey I'm only human. I've realised derelization cant hurt me neither can my anxious thoughts as I am the only one who can control them and get rid of them.

I've realised people have it worse than I do, people have physical problems they literally can not live with, my mental health problems can be fixed or if not fixed they can be helped. I've stopped googling things that I know will make me anxious, I pushed myself to go to the shop and to do things that make me anxious untill It didn't bother me anymore. I couldn't have done it from the support from this forum!

We can either go through life spending hours days or years wondering why we feel the way we do and why we do the things we do, or we can get back out there and do the things that matter and step out our comfort zones and live a little. Only a few weeks ago I felt like I couldn't cope. and let me add I am on NO medication or seeking NO therapy.  My friends, family and boyfriend they are my councillers. I will be having therapy soon to make sure I have a healthy mind and no anxiety and stress builds up. I still have an anxiety disorder but I've learnt I can control it and I'm on the road to do doing so :D

We all deserve not just to have a life but to live it aswell! If this motivates or helps just one person I'll be happy because I couldn't of done it without the support from the forum. xxxxxxxxxxxx

8 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm always happy to hear when one of us is doing well.

I've had almost two whole weeks of feeling nirmal! Omg I'm enjoying my normal days, waking up with NO symtoms and no constant fear of dying is a blessing.

I know it probably won't last so I'm enjoying it. I had to deal with both anxiety and depression on my own. I have NO support from family or friends and my partner left me in the middle of everything. I also cannot afford therapy or even seeing a doctor as I'm in a new country with no health insurance.

So I'm proud of myself for coming this far on my own, I've had Anxiety since the past 4months.

• Posted

That must be hard, having no one to talk too.. Enjoy the freeness of anxiety whilst you can! I hope you can get some therapy soon but in the mean time these forums are brilliant its like everybody is helping you and we are your councillers. If you want to talk just private message me! x

• Posted

Katie,

I'm so proud that you are doing better!

are you family and boyfriend still supportive?

• Posted

Yes they are but ive sort of learnt to cope with it myself,

ive became happy and comftable at work and I think thats the most important thing. I look at discussions on here I started 3 months ago and I've come so far xx

• Posted

Thank you so much that really encouraged me. I feel like there is hope for my future now. Thank you
    • Posted

Im really glad it encouraged you, there is hope for your future and there always will be! xx
  • Posted

Great to hear a positive story.

It sounds like you have a great grasp on this now and a secure footing to keep making steps forward. Don't forget to keep in check with your emotions and with how you combat them. Theres a whole big beautiful world out there for all of us, i hope a few more can find the key to unlocking it as you may have smile

Keep on smile

• Posted

We are the only ones with the key to unlock our own future/happiness! Im not anxiety free but hey no one really is, everybody has some sort of anxiety, really want to help everyone else xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.