There is life after gallbladder removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am 16 days post gallbladder removal and I can say that I feel wonderful now. Following the initial surgery and bruising and soreness there were a few days where my digestive system was adjusting to things. But since then I have eaten virtually what I want including cheese, curry, chocolate etc. I cannot believe how well I feel and in comparison to before the Op I realise how unwell I must have felt. I hope that this gives other people a positive slant on gallbladder removal as I know there are many sad and disappointing results for people from reading on here. I am still unable to drive but that is mainly down to the incisions and stitches healing and I do get quite tired. But it is early days and I in myself feel very healthy. Good luck to you all pre-or post surgery X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That's good news! I too am at 16 days post op and have had no problems what so ever. Am even back driving! I had my staples out on Monday and am going back to work Monday. Hope you continue to full recovery xx
  • Posted

So pleased..l was the same ...took 6 weeks for abdominal muscles to heal and 3 months to have loads of energy again...but I could eat anything straight away 😀👍
  • Posted

That't so good to hear. I am following the discussions of all of you who have had recent surgery as I am still on the fence of what to do. 
    • Posted

It was definitely the best thing I did. You don't realise how yucky you feel before the op cos you get used to feeling that way, I feel sooo much better now
    • Posted

Did you have days when you felt ill in yourself or so tired even your legs felt heavy. My migraines have come back again and really don't want to start taking the tablets for it again. The worst thing for me at the moment is the migraines and the nausea which seems to be getting worse when I get it.

I think you are right in saying you get used to it or even accept it as the norm.

• Posted

Yes I did Anita tiredness every day in bed most nights by 8pm and put it down to work and plenty of days feeling nauseous all time. I even had a continuous dull ache in my right groin which along with backache has completely disappeared. You will feel so much better once you've had the op.
    • Posted

Anita. It has been brilliant not having any more nausea or back ache. And if you do decide to go ahead with surgery I am sure that you will feel better afterwards. I was very apprehensive about it and almost didn't go through with it. But I am so so glad I did. I had waited a whole 12 months of symptoms before I decided to do something. And it did get gradually worse within the 12 months. Only wish I had gone sooner. Good luck X
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I have a lot of backache but also have a slipped disc problem so perhaps some of the back ache could be due to the gallstone and not my disc. I used to just have the odd day of feeling ill but seem to be having more days together.  I worry a lot about things so will probably wait until it gets worse before I do go and say yes to the op.
  • Posted

So good to hear. Im 19 days post op and back to my normal activities and eating what i like smile i can barely see my incisions and havent had any soreness anywhere in a few days. Still get the tiredness by 6 pm but im up at 6 am everyday with my teething 7 month old. I dont think i would be fatigued at all until bedtime without the baby in the mix.
    • Posted

That's good to hear Shalaya. Onwards and upwards on your road to recovery.
  • Posted

Hi PPY!   Thanks so much for putting that post out on this forum!  I myself are 6 months post gaul bladder removal surgery, and after quite a few problems, think i'm getting somewhere! Your post has given me hope!  Thanks again.  Val.
    • Posted

Hi Val no problem. Really hope you get there. Everyone is different with their recovery. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.