There is nothing more to life than feeling good

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can just throw away any non feel-good based value system since it is not real value and, therefore, will never work for me.  A loving parent who, despite his/her crippling depression, helps and cares for his/her child, this parent would be nothing more than a lifeless, dead, crippled, miserable "machine."  

The value and love that he/she would have in his/her life towards the child would be "mechanical."  That is, it would not be real love, real value, real joy, real beauty, or real worth in this parent's life.  It is only our good feelings that give our lives those things since they are the only divine force in this universe and nothing compares to them at all.  It is delusional to think otherwise.

I have lived the entirety of my life with my good feelings and it was the perfect life for me back then.  I never grew tired of this hedonistic way of life and neither have I had a sense of unsatisfaction.  In other words, as long as I felt happiness, joy, beauty, and love in my life, then my life was all good and worth living.  I struggled with depression and misery later on in my life and that is the phase of my life where all value and worth was lost in my life.  

But now, I have recovered and finally have these good feelings back to me again.  I can now live by the value system I've always had.  The other value system (the non feel-good one) holds no real value or worth to me.  There is literally nothing in living a depressed, miserable, and anhedonic lifestyle but misery and emptiness.  This has just been my own personal experience.  

It's not my way of thinking or attitude.  It is the feelings themselves that dictate the value, worth, joy, happiness, beauty, suffering, emptiness, and misery of my life.  Therefore, I just completely lose myself in the beautiful realm of my good feelings and remain disconnected from everyone else.  I just remain in my own beautiful paradise, look forward to an even greater paradise of eternal bliss after I die, and that is all that matters to me.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow! Great way of looking at life! I am going to try that. If I even get 1/2 of that, my life would be so much better. Thank you!
  • Posted

I mentioned earlier that I am undecided when it comes to the existence of the soul, the paranormal, and the afterlife. But I will share my own personal experience regarding my feelings for you to discuss with me. This is different since I am putting a spiritual spin on my feelings which I didn't do earlier. If the supernatural is real, then, for me, every aspect of my human experience is no different than any other experience such as smell, taste, sight, hearing, etc.

These are what I would call the "mechanical" experiences since they are nothing more than mere sensations. Even my own attitude, strength of character, personality, and outlook on life would fall under this category. However, my feelings (moods) are a completely different story. They are the higher spiritual component to my existence. If I were to witness some horrific image or event and I did not experience any horrible feelings from that, then that image or event would have no power (impact) whatsoever upon me.

But if I could feel horrible feelings from it, then it would be like I am getting the horrible spiritual energy from that image or event. As you can see here, everything in life without our feelings (moods) are all nothing more than dead, lifeless, and mechanical experiences for us since they are things devoid of the higher spiritual component which would be our feelings. That would even include the value, worth, joy, happiness, beauty, suffering, and misery we have in our lives without our feelings. In other words, they would not be real things without our feelings.

It is only our good (pleasant) feelings that breathe the higher spiritual component of real good value, real joy, real worth, real paradise, and real beauty into our lives while it is only our bad (unpleasant) feelings that breathe the higher spiritual component of real bad value, real suffering, real misery, real hell, and real tragedy into our lives. Lastly, in the event that the soul and paranormal are not real as most materialistic skeptics would say, then our feelings wouldn't be the higher spiritual component to our human experience and to our existence.

Rather, they would simply be the higher component to our human experience and to our existence. Again, without this higher component, then we would all be nothing more than mere things that breathe, swallow, blink, see, hear, smell, etc. Our personalities, outlooks, strength/bravery of character, and attitudes are not our higher component as most people would claim. It is instead our feelings which are the higher component. It is only through our good feelings that our personalities, attitudes, lives, moments, etc. become something more than just "mechanical" attributes for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.