There's hope on floux !!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, just to say there's light at the end of the tunnel!! 4 th week on increase now and feeling good!! First 3 weeks awful !! Hold on in there peeps, it does improve ! Yiu won't be on a huge high or anything like that, just you realise that you can function in a normal way !!!! Please take hope from me who's been in your situation , I get it!! Love and hugs xxxx

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya Pam 

Well done for sticking out, I’m feeling loads better since being on 60mg, which is about 6 weeks now, my doc did say that it would in prove better as more time goes on...

But so glad Uv got there, it’s hard but worth it in the end.. big hug to you 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Dawn tried to private message you but can’t for some reaso I’m peri and on 20mls flux just want to know your experiences as I’m really struggling and wondering if I should increase ? 
    • Posted

Hi Angie 

So sorry u could not private message me, very strange as you should not have a prob...

I started on 20mg the first two weeks were hell on earth, felt soooo low, depression was worse then b4 I started, but my doc had warned me of this, and to try and stick it  out,which I managed, how long have you been on 20mg?? 

After 4 weeks my doc increased to 40, and I was scared as people told me when you increase you go back to the start again, and I didn’t think I could cope with that feeling again, but my doc said after 4 weeks the drug is in my body now, so I trusted what he said, and going up to 40 was ok, I had good days and bad days by then, still had the headach and bad agitating at nite, but better for ME on the 40..

4weeks later I went up to 60, and wow do I feel a hell lot better, my depression as gone, I more or less know when I get up I’ll be ok for the day, so for ME I’m so glad I went right up to 60 , as now my hot sweats have near enough just gone, which my doc said Prozac is good for that, and again he was right....

Some people can cope being on 20mg for years where’s others need to increase to feel the benifit of this drug, it is a very, very slow drug to work, so do bear that in mind, as soon as I went up to the 60, 3 mth in to useing Prozac, I felt soooo much better, and glad I did...

I’m 4 years in to menopause, so uv got to battle we those feeling to, and that’s hard..

If you feel that your still not right on 20 go back and see your doc, uv got nothing to lose by going higher, have you, as your still not doing good on the 20, so 40 May be better for you, so worth a try, as you can go back down if you wish, but even on 40 u will need to at least give it another 4 weeks to kick in, don’t stop to early give your self a chance...

We are all different so what one person can cope with another can’t, but I’m over the moon that I stuck it out, it’s not easy but for ME it was a well worth the side effects to start with, so now I’m out of the other end, other then the dam menopause 😡

You do the right thing for you, I’m sure, don’t worry, just go for it or you will never no if it was best for you or not ...

Good luk please keep in touch and let me know how your getting on big hugs 🤗x

• Posted

Thank you so much Pam, it helps tremendously hearing from someone whose been there. Week 1 of increase down & back to work on Monday.  Is it normal to feel fine one day & then have symptoms the next, ( dizzy, nauseous, & hotflashes )?

• Posted

Hi Dewey , yes its normal to have the ups and downs! Try not to let them get to you! Just keep thinking that this is normal and embrace your good days ,as these are very precious and proof that we can be better on floux !! Good luck love xxxx
    • Posted

Your more than welcome!! Its so important to share the good experiences after the bad !!! Its a rough ride , but we do get there eventually !!!! Hugs and love to everyone xxxxxx
    • Posted

Having an awful day, yesterday so so, today, hotflashes,  more anxious than before I started the increase,  I thought each day I'd feel alittle better, day 9 of increase, I panic & think maybe there is something else wrong,this is horrible! 

• Posted

Hi Dewey 

What did you increase to can I ask? 

I’m like Pam on 60mg now after 3 mths on Prozac ( 20/40) to start with... I think when I went to 60 it tuk ME 2/3 weeks b4 it levels it self out, and now I don’t have the ups and down days now, and feeling good, my doc said it was best I’d looked in a long while, and he did say that Prozac would help with the hot flashes I was getting, and I must of say after 6 weeks on 60mg the hot flashes have near enough gone, just some  times feel a little warm. But nothing like how I was...

Stick with it, that’s what I said to Pam when she was low with it, and now like she says that she is glad and feels a lot better... 

your doing good, take each day as it comes, and maybe tomorrow could be the day it all comes together.. good luk, and keep in touch big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Dawn. I was going now 10 mg for over 19 yrs & recently anxiety was coming back, for 2 months I was switched to 20 mg & felt a little better,  Dr. said he'd like to see me feel 100 percent better & switched it to 30 mg 10 days ago, but  am having an awful time adjusting,  shakey,  anxious,  hotflashes & nauseous,  by ups & downs what did you experience?  Are the hotflashes common? If thank you so much for your encouragement,  it means a lot! 💟👍

• Posted

Bless you, the hot flashes are bad, Iv has them for the 4 year I have the menopause, wen u in bed it was covers on, covers off, I’d stand there in a shop and the hot flashes come on and sweat pores down your face, and you feel soooo embassied ...

20 mg the first two weeks were hell on earth, didn’t think I could get through it, then 40mg wasn’t to bad, had good days, but also had bad days, agitated was bad, more so in bed at night..

Then 6 weeks now on 60mg, first thing in the morin I seem to have the shakes, but they go after 30min or so, and my depression as gone away now, I just feel the same level each day, which is really good..

Stick with it you will get there, and the side effects will go, if your feeling low, this will make every thing eles seems so much worse, our minds are very powerful when need be...

And the higher you go on this med it helps with the hot flashes, I no longer have them, I know they are still there, as can feel them, but they just fine..

Stick with it, just while your body adjust to higher does...

You are doing so well, keep in touch on here, it’s good to talk big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Dawn, I never really had hotflashes up until the increase,  is this common for a side effect & to feel an increase in anxiety?  I've never been real depressed until now, I'm depressed about not feeling better,  but worse.right now I take 20 mg &in the am & 10 mg worked not the pm, dr wants me to now take all 30 at once, apprehensive about doing something else right now. Thanks so much for listening,  Hugs!

• Posted

Hi Dewey 

My hot flashes have only been from going through the menopause, not with taking Prozac, whether any one eles says different I’m not sure, prozac has stopped my hot flashes ...

The anxiety could be down to the increase of this med, Iv always taken my meds in the morin all together, as that what my doc said was best for me....

Hopefully now your doc as told you to take all at once things will begin to settle down, and they will, beleave in your self, I know now your struggling, and that don’t make it ease for you, but this will pass, take each day as it comes, you are feeling low so your mind is making every thing seem worse.... bear with it, as this drug is very slow to work, but when it does, wow it’s great.. big hug🤗xx

• Posted

Can't wait to feel better! ,,😊husband took me out for a drive, said it's depressing seeing me lay on the couch. 

• Posted

Hello! What was so awful about the first three weeks? And which week did you think was the worst? First? Second? Third?  Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.