There's hope on floux !!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, just to say there's light at the end of the tunnel!! 4 th week on increase now and feeling good!! First 3 weeks awful !! Hold on in there peeps, it does improve ! Yiu won't be on a huge high or anything like that, just you realise that you can function in a normal way !!!! Please take hope from me who's been in your situation , I get it!! Love and hugs xxxx

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Pam, great to know that you are back to normal ! And you are helping and giving hope and positivity to all others! Enjoy the feeling of being free and bright again !

Peter

• Posted

Hi Peter , thanks for that post , its so awful when you feel worse on a new med or increase of same one , but its very important to tell folk when your feeling better !!!! Yes , out in the light , feeling normal, whatever that is lol!!!!its so precious , as only people like us understand!!! I really hope you are feeling better too!! Sometimes I think , its better to see it through with the same meds rather than keep changing them, as each med has to be tolerated again! Good luck !! Xx
  • Posted

Day 11 on the increase 20 to 30 mg, still shakey,  & feeling more anxious than before I began the increase,  is this normal?  

• Posted

HI Dewey 

I feel for you, when counting the days down to when u will feel better, I was the same, every day hoping this one will be the one...

Still early days yet  chic, sorry...

Are you going to stick at 30 or go any higher??? Wen I went from 20 to 40 it tuk about 3 weeks to sort of settle, what I said to my doc was that I felt I was just in the middle, where’s on a bad day it would drop and not good,... 

so after 4 weeks on 40 he put me on 60 and I feel miles better on higher dose.... but that’s me..

Some are fine to stick to the lower dose, and all is fine... 

ur doing good, just stick it out, and one day it will change for you..

Big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Dawn, I tell myself it will get better,  but I can only hope. I'm not planning to go on a higher dose, I fought the. Dr. on the increase from 20 to 30, I'm baffled as to why 10 mg worked for many years (19) & why I started to feel anxious recently. Thanks so much for your support! Hugs!

• Posted

I was on a antidepressant called trazadone for 15 year, never had any prob, and I tuk it at nite, as it made you sleep as well, so was very happy... but for some unknown reason it started to make me agitated about a hour after I tuk it, so could sleep any more... wen I went to the doc, he just said it was my body got so use to it, that it no longer was working proper... so here I am on Prozac...

Sounds to me like many of us, our body changers over the years, and your body as got use to the drug, that it’s not strong enough any more to work for you, so you’ve chosen to try the increase, my doc gave me 20, for one mth then 40, another mth, and 60 now... so sounds like all docs can be different..

If 20mg stopped working for you, then it would be a waste of time staying on this, so I think your right to give it a try, so give it more time to see if it’s going to work for you, I know the side effects are alful, but hopefully if it settles for you, you will look back on this and be glad that uv stuck it out..

Keep us in touch 🤞you will get there .. big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Pam. I need some support.   I’m on week 4.  It gets better? 

While I had a bit of anxiety and depression before this came after a surgery on oct 16 fast and furious and I’ve been experiencing panic attacks 

I just need to hear success and keep in a positive frame of mind.  The cloud has to lift.  It will lift.  

Please. Any words?  Thank you. 

• Posted

Hi Mel , don't despair , 4 weeks is still.early for this med to show signs of working , but it is! All your experienting is normal . You should start to feel all changes soon , but everyone is different , give it another fortnight love and go from there .This med is good once it starts working.!!! Hugs , and were here xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.