Theres just no end...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to see the cardiologist last week and my heart is fine but for some reason now I got this "what if" hanging over my head, did I tell her enough? Has she missed something? I felt better coming out of there but two days later my mood has sank, I've hardly said two words to anyone and feel in a really dark place. I'm getting fast and slow hard beats, but at least I can take some comfort that its just anxiety, but its getting me down. I feel like there's going to be no end to any of this, no matter how hard I try to get myself out of this it never seems to be enough, its always there lerking. I still think there's something wrong, when I've been told there's not. All this anxiety and depression is so crippling I don't know how much more of it I can take its driving me insane! 😭

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Arya, I agree with Lynda it's just anxiety your experiencing. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Arya

You don't say what the initial cause of your anxiety and depression was and more importantly whether you have been to see a doctor about it. If you have then what are you taking? If not why haven't you been?

As for "What If" We all get that. In the case of the Cardiologist...I am sure she asked you questions and you answered them. You just have to trust her. Anxiety/Depression is a two edged sword in that one can cause the other. You need help with the depression to relieve the anxiety. Get Help a.s.a.p.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Basically my grandad died 2 years ago in the Summer, but it didn't really come to the surface until last year, I was on medication but because my panic attacks and anxiety were so bad they tried me on different medications, but was having bad reactions to them that it eventually (this year) put me off meds, I was feeling great for about a month but then it resurfaced, ontop of the grief I was dealing with work became unbearable and added to it, I quit my job last month because I couldnt cope with work or the discrimination that I had of 2 of my colleagues and the health anxiety over my heart was the last straw, I waited about 8/9 months for an appointment and in that time my anxiety went through the roof.

I have also been diagnosed with other disorders, I have been diagnosed with PTSD and OCD. I will now be going back on the medication I was on when I was 18 which is fluoxtine and it helped me out massively. X

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up