These are my ideas about ANXIETY

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anxiety is very bad, I have been fighting it for about 8 months so far and these are my ideas that made me feel better : 

1- Don't go to hospitals. Just go one time and this is enough, we all fine. Doctors make you feel worse because they don't understand anxiety disorders. 

2- Search in Youtube about "anxiety disorder", there are alot of videos that will make you feel better. Each week try one and "take action".

3- Spend most of your time outside your comfort zone. It was hard for me to go outside my bed, but in the begining I tried to be outside my bed then outside my room then outside my house. today I'm fine to be outside my city for two weeks ( with alittle anxiety) and I'm now trying to be outside my country. 

4- For me I use Faverin 100 mg. It is fine with me to use pills because it will help but don't forget that the cure of anxiety is "self help" where you need to understand your disorder. 

5- Jogging is a good exercise. It will help you alot trust me. I do jogging every day for about 15 minutes. 

6- Dizziness is the hardest part in my struggle and it is the easiest symptom to cure. It starts when you worry, so the cure is "Don't worry". I took one month vacation and spend all the time playing with my friends at all day. At night, I asked my wife to do massages for me in a daily basis and after one week BOOM the diziness disappears. 

7- Don't be alone, loneliness is the best friend of anxiety. When you alone, download apps in your phone that give you access to chat rooms and have fun with your friends. It will help you, trust me. 

8- Finally, it is important to know that the main cure of your anxiety is not on the hand of your doctors or other people, it is in your hand and in patricular in your mind. Ask yourseld " HOW DO I WANT TO BE A YEAR FROM NOW?" and you will figure out the answer. So start defeating this illeness from now. 

I'm still fighting this illeness and I'm sure I will defeat it someday, but just want to share my ideas with you guys. 

7 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

So happy you have found what works for you.  The only thing that would be most impossible for many is the daily massage. For the woman, i do not know any man who would give their wife or girlfriend a daily massage. Woman tend to be more compassionate and are smarter to realize the ten minutes it takes to give their loved a massage would and could change the stress level of their loved one substantially.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

Yes you are right. Women are more compassionate, they are always ready for help more than men. My wife is ready in any time to give me one, usually it lasts for 10 minutes. After she gives me one, usually she asks for one hhhh, so sometimes I do when I'm not anxious. 

Maybe if you have good friends they will help you with that. 

• Posted

Good ideas...but when I am anxious and depressed it is so hard to go outside my comfort zone and for me....boredom leads to drinking copus amouts of alcohol sad
    • Posted

Hi Missy 

Sorry for that, I was having the same problem. Go outside your comfort zone gradually. Even for ten minutes will help. After you go, you will feel VERY good and then you will encourage yourself to go for half hour next time and so on.

For me, it took about three months to go outside my house. I'm sure you can do it less than that. For alcohol issue, I don't drink at all, please try to avoid it because it will not help in the long run.  

• Posted

Hi Mahran, I've struggled with anxiety for most of my life and find this list to be very helpful.  I would like to highlight #5 and #7 as having helped me a lot, except that I walk rather than jog.  Nothing helps me with anxiety and panic more than talking with and/or being with family and friends.  I think anxiety really thrives when we are in our minds too much.  Communicating and spending time with others is a great help.  Hope that you continue to make great progress!
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Yes you are right. Being with friends and family is very helpfull. I like to see my parents every day and talk with them. Walking is good also for anxiety, the point is we need to move as humans when we want to be healthy. 

I hope you will do great and enjoy your life.

• Posted

So happy you found a way too deal with it I only have mine awhile and seems too get worst plus I'm a smoker so I find it even harder sad 
    • Posted

Hi Claire

Don't worry you can handle your anxiety. My friend is smoking alot and he overcomes his anxiety in short time ( 9 months). So you can do it but try to reduce your smoking habit and drink alot of orange juice. 

• Posted

I hate orange juice but I will try it smile yes I agree my smoking needs too stop sad and I'm gonna try my headrest to cut down thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.