Thickened uterus

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All, if you might remember I was scheduled for an u/s today to see if the thickened uterus I had back in May has gotten any better. I've been using the progesterone cream all summer. The u/s showed my uterus was normal now. I'm still producing follicles as both my ovaries had one. Everything looked good. So not sure if it was having a different u/s technician, who could actually find my ovaries this time, knew what she was doing, or if the progesterone cream has been helping. I'm inclined to think the cream has helped since I no longer have mid cycle spotting like I used to. 

It's a good day, and I'm relieved that I didn't jump right away and get the biopsy in May like they wanted me to. The tech said that a thickened uterus is indeed common in perimeno. No need to panic right away. That said, if you have been in menopause for a number of years and start to have spotting, this should be investigated further with an u/s and biopsy if needed. But us peri gals, take a deep breath! XO

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

so happy that it is was good news for you! it's a long journey and we will have many scares before it's over. lots of hugs to you💙💚💛🧡💜

• Posted

Hiya

Great news always nice to hear the positive stories x

• Posted

That’s great news. Did you have heavy bleeding for you to start the progesterone cream? 
    • Posted

I had a three week period, which is why the doctor wanted the initial u/s. But after using the cream all summer it seems to have really helped with the random spotting and the long periods. In fact I skipped one, had a regular one, then one at 21 days that lasted 3 days. No spotting at all. And the cream I'm using, I only use the lowest dose. So it doesn't take much. 

• Posted

Oh great to hear, I’ve been on natural progesterone because of a 2 month heavy/clotting period and it seemed to stop it but after a couple of months my period went haywire, not heavy/clotting but very long so I stopped the progesterone. I’m now going to start back on it x  
    • Posted

Were you on cream or oral? Maybe you need to adjust the amount of progesterone? Were you using it on a daily basis? Since I've been using it regularly it seems to have really controlled the heavy/long periods for me, for now anyway. The u/s yesterday showed two new follicles (eggs) on my ovaries, so I've got more periods in my future. Will see how it goes. I stop the cream when I get my period. 

I hope it works again for you!

• Posted

Hi Suzannne, 

I was using cream and followed these instructions:

Pre Menopausal Women: Apply 1 pump daily, 14 days before expected menses, discontinue use 1-2 days before menses and start again 10-12 days after menses (counting the first day of menstruation as day 1). 

I’ve started back on it today so fingers crossed 🤞 x 

• Posted

Hayley, maybe you should use it every day, and stop just when you are flowing. That's what I do and so far it seems to be working. Like I said, I don't do a full dose, I had tried the cream that uses the pump and that just seemed to be too strong, so the one that seems to work best for me uses just a dot, they show you how much to use. I only use an 1/8 tsp. Also, dividing the dose between morning and night might help you, that way you are getting constant progesterone. 

• Posted

Hi Suzanne - do you do a total of 1/8 teaspoon per day? Or 1/8 teaspoon in morning and 1/8 teaspoon at night? 

I'm glad you shared that you just keep using the progesterone until you bleed. I've been contemplating what to do! Some directions say to use for so many days then stop for so many etc. Hard to know what to do!

When I started the cream in August - my period was 16 days late. I used the cream for just 5 days and had a period. Now I am back on the cream and thinking to do as you've suggested - use it until my period again????

• Posted

Hi Finny, I only use 1/8 tsp at night before bed. That seems to be working for me now. If I was still having spotting or long periods I would probably use 1/8 in the morning too. I went by dr lee's recommendations on how to take the cream. If I only have a three day period then I only stop for those three days. Our cycles are so erratic that it would be hard to judge when to stop if you have to stop two or three days before menses. I never know when I'm going to get mine, do you? 

• Posted

Hi Finny, I only use 1/8 tsp at night before bed. And only stop using it when I get my period. If my period last only 3 days, then I start back using it on the 4th day. If you go by the recommendations to stop two or three days before your menses, how would you know when to take it when your periods are all over the place? I never know when I'm going to start. If I was spotting or bleeding long I would probably up the amount and use 1/8 tsp in the morning as well. But so far I'm good with this dosage. 

• Posted

Thanks for this info, Suzanne. I used to get my period every 28 days - clockwork. The last 11 months they have been irregular with timing. My period was 15 days late in August. I stopped the cream when my period started and have now started the cream again. I am due for a period today or tomorrow based on my usual timing - I'm on day 10 of using the cream and Dr. Lee says use it for 14 days: I'm on day 10. If I get another period I will stop. I am seeing benefits with this cream - I hope it continues!!

• Posted

Do you mind me asking if it is natural progesterone cream (wild yam) that you have been using? Also, is this (thickened uterus) the same as adenomyosis?
    • Posted

It's a UPS progesterone cream. It's called progesterall. I bought it on line. The doctor never said anything about adenomyosis. Just that my uterine lining was thick. So not sure if that's the same thing. 

• Posted

I'm not sure, but isn't all progesterone a natural form? The only thing wrong with prometrium is that it's in a peanut base, but I believe this is natural as well. That's why they can't patent it. 

But estrogen, now that can be natural as it is in bioidenticals, or it can be from pregnant mares like it is in Estrodial. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.