Thickening of stomach wall and fundus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, have been reading lots of posts all with same symptoms as myself.  I have IBS, GERD and age related Diverticular, the whole works. I am 58 female and in UK. Like lots of posters I have been having the burning and stinging, gassy problems in all different areas from belly button to under ribs and put this down IBS etc. I also go from normal to constipated on a daily basis. I recently had a CT scan which shows there is thickening of wall of stomach and fundus which is indeterminate whether due to collapsed stomach. Consultant not overly bothered nor is GP, although if you google (I know its stupid but it say's it could be cancer) as I had a endoscopy about 18 months ago, GP does not feel I need another one as everything was normal. Has anyone else had this. Sorry to sound stupid, I am quite intelligent really LOL, but I find it really hard to work out where stomach actually goes from and to, if you look at images it is under ribs and high up not where I assumed it would be from when you get a stomach ache which is much lower down by your belly button, I suppose that is just your intestines and bowels etc.  I am trying to work out whether any of the pain I am getting in the midriff and belly buttong could be caused by this thickening or just bowels etc. Thanks for reading

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Given the intestinal conditions you have, your pain could be caused by any one of these problems. Since your doctor is not concerned, I would leave it at that and don't worry.  Google won't help your anxiety.  A clear endoscopy is good news.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I am not overly worried, just curious as to where my stomach actually goes too and from and if it could be related, having diverticular and IBS is a nuisance and all symptoms seem to roll into one at times and it is hard to differentiate one from the other.  My googling days are few and far between now. As you say it only causes anxiety.  Take care
    • Posted

I have no idea either where your stomach goes to and from; you would have to ask your doctor.  To be honest, I wouldn't bother too much about it; it's just one extra concern that you don't need.  I would simply concentrate on managing your conditions with medication and/or diet and try to distract yourself from your pain. When I have an IBS flare up, I just accept this is the way my bowel is now, try to head off the pain with medication and try to kerp stress to a minimum if I can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.