Thickness of uterus lining

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi beautiful ladies in 3 years i have had biopsys hysterscopy D&C everything in pathology report was fine but each time my lining is thick i have no idea what to do a couple of weeks ago i had another bleed tests done again all clear have gone through menopause but instead of offering a hysterectomy they want to pop in a coil to thin out lining im so confused any one else gone through this please god bless xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i will have a think about it no rush xx

• Posted

I never asked because I knew I would have a thicker lining just because of reading doctor google and I was incredibly upset on the day of the scan , the doctor said it was thick and took a biopsy but she suggested the coil then and also said there was a polyp and obviously they are cutting that off next week oh joy !!!!

I'm hoping everything is okay next week I see a different doctor the other one was so kind and accepted that I have health anxiety hoping this one is understanding as there is nothing worse than being belittled for the way you feel.

Good Luck to all the women going through this ordeal. xx

• Posted

i don't know about other peoples experience with having a polyp removed, but he snipped mine off before i knew what happened. maybe it was just small?? i was in my late 20s. never had another one

• Posted

hi heather google is so bad for our health that is why i booked to see a nurse she had so much more time to speak with me then my normal doctor she mentioned the coil does help thin lining out but at the moment i should just be happy there is no C which i am of course i also have fibroids (small) they can cause spotting good luck next week i an sure everything will just fine let us know how you get on so important to share our journeys to help other x god bless x

• Posted

i have no idea i was told i had a fragmented polyp years ago but embedded in my uterus so couldnt be removed 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.