Things are hard to cope with....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Daily life is hard enough getting up starting another day.its really hard to keep going when you are in a battle with mental health .is there hope for people like us?..

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hope so. I've had episodes where I thought I'd never see a light at the end of the tunnel and I just wanted out of this world, but then I started taking anti-depressants and spoke to a psychologist, got more exercise and I was the happiest I'd been in a long time. Unfortunately circumstances in life change and you find yourself back where you started but hopefully there will be something to pull you back out of it again.

• Posted

Ok, o got scared then thinking it just can go on for years, I dont think ide make it!!!
    • Posted

If you think like that you WILL  feel more depressed. I went years without feeling depressed though. Sometimes there are just dips and sometimes people just have one episode of it

• Posted

Hi zenna

there is certainly hope and also an absolute fact that you will get well again. It takes time which makes us believe we won't get better, therefore we lose hope which makes the whole cycle worse.

The right medication is essential and if you can manage counselling it may also benefit you. I know the exhaustion of battling each day is distressing and tiresome but..Each day your closer to regaining your health. I try to accept I'm unwell and only do what I can manage. Sometimes that means doing very little. But I remain certain that I'm one day closer to recovery.

Please try and stay positive. ..you will get better 100%.

God bless

Lorraine xx

• Posted

Hi Zenna,

The most frustrating thing about depression seems to be the waiting to get better and the not knowing when that breakthrough will come. It's helpful, as Lorraine says, to never give up hope that it will come (and not think just about "if" it will come). We are all different and I have read posts from wise people on this forum who have been fighting a long hard battle and who refuse to give up. They don't choose to settle for a life with anxiety and depression, but while they are travelling forward, they learn to cope and find a way through each day. Different things are more helpful for some people than others which is why we share our experiences and ask for advice from those fighting the same battles.

Zenna, I read your advice to someone about the self-soothing techniques you use. Therapy this year has introduced me to mindfulness and self-soothing which I believe has helped me. When life, emotions or thoughts overwhelm me, I don't think I'm so prone as I was to sink into my suicidal depression and stay there, feeling trapped and helpless. It helps me to take some control back when I feel like giving up and quitting.

Sending you hugs and hoping you find your inner strength. Sometimes this does come from somewhere outside ourselves (friends, family, strangers, God) but ultimately we need to have some self-belief to keep us going. I know you can make it :-)

Digsby xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.