Things are not getting better, having loads of suicidal thoughts!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been just over a month now since the love of my life dumped me and I came off week. I have not used weed since because it messed up my relationship because I was paranoid and worrying. She lived around 80 miles from me and said because she was working alot and was tired that she wouldn't have enough time for me. I went from citalopram to setraline also at the time, its made me anxiety better but I am really suicidal at the moment no one want to know you when your down. I am 31 soon and for the last ten years messed things up by taking drugs I regret it so much. I am really not looking forward to the summer and sunny days as it makes me feel down because most people are so happy and I am just stuck in home.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am 56 I drank from 18 to 40 and when my son was born I decided I didn't ever want my son to ever see me drunk I stopped and join several AA meetings and found every one had the same feeling and thoughts I had for the first time in 20 years I found that I was anything but alone 16 years sober house car family what more could I say to impress you it was a journey I cherish with out that decision I took I would be dead by now however I doubled up on cigs and am now on a lung transplant list so if you could do both you would sertanly impress me with out HOPE we are beat don't you be beat live on
  • Posted

I am 56 I drank from 18 to 40 and when my son was born I decided I didn't ever want my son to ever see me drunk I stopped and join several AA meetings and found every one had the same feeling and thoughts I had for the first time in 20 years I found that I was anything but alone 16 years sober house car family what more could I say to impress you it was a journey I cherish with out that decision I took I would be dead by now however I doubled up on cigs and am now on a lung transplant list so if you could do both you would sertanly impress me with out HOPE we are beat don't you be beat live on
  • Posted

I am sorru to hear that I hope you get your lung transplant!!! Thinking about you!
  • Posted

Hi Jon, you know suicide is not an answer but a long term solution to a situation which is short term.

You need professional help my friend so go see your GP asap and tell them exactly the thoughts your having and let them get you well enough for you to take back control.

Neil 

• Posted

I have been mate and they sent to see a councillor but was only for half an hour and got to wait another month to see him. I am massivley heartbroken and got some many regrets and alot of depression. My family or friend do not want to know rolleyes
    • Posted

Don't be fobbed off mate with half of hour councelling session then waiting a month, make an emergency appointment and go back to GP and tell him/her you are having suicidal idealisation and the councelling will be a astle of time in a month as your not sure you will be around then.... They should put the red flag up and take it seriously.

Equally what your experiencing is reactive depression and it will go you just need help medically to get you through this tough time but in time things will sort themselves out.

my experience with mental health services is that it's not fit for purpose abd you have to shout to get seen and treated.

Thoughts are with you in mean time.

Neil 

• Posted

Hi Jon

Yours is a sad post, but you are still young enough to turn your life around. You have

made a start by givng up drug use.   No, No,No, to suicidal thoughts!   Life has a habit

of hitting us with cruel things!  Do you work? Try to find a hobby where you will meet new people.

Keep on this site for help and support.  Good Luck!

• Posted

Thanks for your kind message it means a lot. I do not work at the moment but trying to find a job but its hard when you feel like this. Since I have come off weed I have been thinking so much and I am a really deep person and thinker. I can't get over this girl shes on my mind constantly and I keep thinking to message her but I am scared shes found someone else. She wanted to stay in touch but I said no and lost the plot with her. I am not good at coping with heartbreak on top off all these other problems its a real struggle to do even get up in the morning 
  • Posted

Hello Jon, I am so sorry about your relationship ending. Suicide is not the answer as Aspinan has stated, i know from personal experience. It's early days yet and things are raw at the moment. Well done for not using drugs anymore. Counselling is a way forward to talking about your feelings and this will take time. Unfortunately people don't understand unless they are going through things themselves. My family don't support me and i have very few friends, as soon as you tell them how you feel they are gone. Counselling is non judgemental and confidential and because they are not emotionally involved are more understanding. In the meantime try to keep busy with hobbies. I am doing some online courses just for fun and find them interesting, they are free to anybody.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.