Things just get worse

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was interviewed under caution a month ago for claiming council tax relief whilst in receipt of an ill health pension 

I didn’t ever set out to take anything I wasn’t entitled to it’s a mistake but it looks likely they will prosecute me.

The form I signed was dated the exact time I was suffering a breakdown and I’m sure I must have been so unwell I didn’t know what I was doing but I’ve trued to explain this and it makes no difference. 

My anxiety levels are through the roof and I’ve not left the house in days. I’ve trued asking my doctor for duazapham to help but he doesn’t return my calls. I’m so desperate not to have another breakdown but it’s going to happen and this time I genuinely don’t think I will recover

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your source of stress is not preventable at this moment. Try meditation or distracting yourself could help. Not only that, don't skip meals and sleep. It is crucial for your mental health

• Posted

I'm really sorry you're going through this.

Could you make an appointment with your GP? Maybe they could write a letter in support of your reasons for the mistake on the form...

• Posted

Hello Julie,

Well done for reaching out here. Please hang on in there.

I wonder if you need an advocate to speak for you? I don't know much about this myself, but a quick search revealed the following:

Depending on your situation and what you want help with, there are various organisations that can help you find statutory and non-statutory advocacy services in your local area:

Mind Infoline will be able to give you contact details of your local advocacy groups and advocacy organisations.

Your local Mind may offer advocacy services. They may be able to offer you information and support in finding out about your rights and entitlements.

Rethink Mental Illness has an online directory of advocacy services across the UK on their website.

In England: advocacy organisations, such as VoiceAbility and POhWER, provide advocacy services in many areas. You can contact them directly to see if they cover your local area.

I don't know whether you think that might help you, but at the moment it sounds as though no one is hearing you when you clearly have a case. 

Sue.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Sue. I’m absolutely distraught with worry because I’m a very honest person with a lot of financial problems but have never in my life taken anything that didn’t belong to me. The odds against me look pretty bad but my I’ll health pension I was awarded by the bank I worked fir didn’t come to me easily and was only given after many many assessments. I know in my own mind I wouldn’t have intentionally lied on a firm but there it is my signature and I genuinely feel like I can’t fight anymore I just don’t have the strength. I’ve trued to get legal advice but all they ask for is more money. My doctor hasn’t returned my calls and I’m sinking with every single letter that drops through the door x
    • Posted

Hello Julie, I wish I was a bit more knowledgable about all this so as to be able to help. I think Carmela has some good advice. I wonder how able you feel to take on the fight? If you can start to keep a diary of any correspondance, of your attempts to contact the doctor etc, that might be really helpful later. Is there anyone who can help you with contacting the doctor, getting you records etc? I keep thinking that you need some help with this. Would Citizen's Advice be somewhere you could get to? They would not charge and might be able to explain what you can do/where you can get some support. 

Sue

• Posted

Go to the hospital for help.

Who has the records from your last breakdown?

Get a copy of those records. Keep them. Make a copy for council tax and keep a copy for yourself.

If you go to the hospital for help. Get a copy of your records that state why you are there and the meds that they give you.

Take all of these records to council to prove that you were in fact ill.

If you do owe money ask for a payment plan and an adjustment in your checks to have taxes taken out.

If your dr is not helping you when you need him find another one. Or ask his staff for the meds, then they will ask him for a script.

Try to stay calm until you get your meds. Try not to worry so much. Do you have access to Legal Aid it is a free legal service. Or, call I’ll health pension and tell them what has happened they may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Good luck and keep in touch with us we will help to support you

• Posted

I’ve requested my medical history for which they are charging me £50 I’ve had such a long history of mental illness but over the past couple of years have managed to cope and even had a few happy times but this well it has put me back into a hole I never thought I would visit again. Everything just seems out of control. Every single day I dread because I don’t know what’s going tondropnthrough in the mail. I won’t have family or friends over because I don’t want them to know and I don’t want anyone seeing the mess I’m in. I just really see no way out of this I just can’t get myself together and want to go to sleep forever 

• Posted

Hello Julie, I know that place. And even though you have been there before and have come through, it's really hard to imagine that it can ever be OK again. I get that. But hang on in there.

If you had a friend of family member going through hell, I'm guessing you would not judge but would want to help. I wonder if you can take a chance on telling someone how bad it is for you? 

It's so good that you have got your history - though not great you had to pay so much. But that is a big step forward. Well done you.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.