Things were good... For 2 days!!! Cue next health scare!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I suffer from health anxiety. Constant googling and fearing the worst. I am 34, ex smoker (stopped 2 years ago) non drinker, moderately active and slim. Last week it was a brain tumour slowly killing me, I had a great couple of days after visiting the GP and being told nothing untoward was happening and a good chat with my sister. Cue pain under my ribs Monday morning waking me up at 5am and ruing my whole blooming week yet again 😢 Soooooo fed up with this. So I have the pain under my left ribs (feels like the back end of pregnancy when a baby's elbow or foot gets under there) my lower back feels like it's on fire and I have had loose bowel movements for over a week. (The pain only started monday). I say pain, it's not terrible pain, just nagging and "there". I have no other UTI symptoms other than perhaps weeing a but more than normal. I went to the gym yesterday and while I was on the cross trainer, miraculously it disappeared. Got home, and low and behold it started again. Had it all night and woke up with it again today. I've not been off Google since. It's driving me crazy. I don't want to go to the doctors yet again, I'm embarrassed and feel like they're going to get sick of me. I of course now think I have some sort of cancer. Can anybody help? Could anxiety be causing this or something more sinister??

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Omg I have this same exact pain. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of indigestion. Mine comes in a shooting pain that started after I ate. It'll come more when I bend. I looked it up and apparently it's normal unless it's a continuous non-stop pain, then it could be your pancreas. I convinced myself I had pancreatic cancer and a heart attack yesterday. I know how you feel. Just remember that Google is not your friend. It makes it ten times worse. I have symptoms all the time so feel free to private message me on here or on Facebook if you're ever worried. Chances are I've had the same thing.. Just know that you're fine. This might be gross but drink something that will make you burp.. It seems like its a big air bubble stuck. Mine got soooo bad yesterday after I ate chips I almost called an ambulance. Do you ever get heart pains?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I did get heart pains, but my GP has put me on Propranolol, which to be fair has worked wonders for the palpitations and heart pains.  Only thing is now it hasnt stopped the thoughts and the rest of the aches an pains! I really do feel like i have some terrible cancer that is attacking all my body sometimes that nobody can pick up on but me.  I get weird sensations in my face, jaw, neck, I sound like you, you name it, I've probably had it! It feels sooooooooo real though!!! Its awful. I will try the fizy pop later on thank you very much! :-)
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mine started yesterday and stopped, but started again today after I had salad.. It comes and goes. If it is a constant pain though you should maybe make an appt. Just to make sure it isn't your spleen or pancreas. My sister actually has pains sometimes and she ended up having a swollen spleen due to a rib cracking that she didn't even know happened.. Are you sure you didn't lay on it weird or hit it, or does it get worse after certain foods?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mine is coming and going... i often think it goes when i don't think about it like alot of my symptoms, leading me to wonder if it is all made up by my crazy anxious brain :-( I've got a doctors appointment tonight, the not knowing just tips my anxiety over the edge and I know it makes it worse.  I will let you know what they say!! Obviously i am now of course thinking the worst and the doctor is going to tell me i have a serious, deathly condition :-(
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

im also suffering with anxiety mine is im convinced i have ms due to tingling and numbness in face chin feet and one hand,always at the doctors but now iv seen a doc who really listens to me he has given me a combination of meds thst will hopefully work together to improve my chronic anxiety,you have to re visit your doctor and get the correct help
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, I know you are right.  I did see a lovely doctor last time I went, who was very understanding of the anxiety, its just awkward getting her again, and I'm scared i'll get one who thinks "oh, here she is again!!" I can request the one I saw but her appointments are few and far between.  Going to try in the morning if this pain is still here.  My only concern is I dont want to end up reliant on the GP for every single twinge, because it feels like I am getting that way unfortunately :-(
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up