Things you guys can eat or can't anymore?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi guys! So since having no gallbladder, there are a couple food I've been too afraid to try for example bacon! I'm dying to have a piece but haven't been brave enough yet. Are there things you guys can't eat anymore and some that you still can eat and feel okay? Coffee for example seems to send me to the bathroom sometimes and too many fatty things give me a slight stomach ache.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been lucky. I can eat what I like. I've had absolutely no ill effects as far as I can tell. Mine was removed in May

• Posted

Deesan21.

My gallbladder was removed 8 days ago, since then have made a point to try everything I avoided for such a long time.

Bacon, pizza, cheese have all been eaten without a single problem, am having to re program myself not to avoid things now.

Haven't yet discovered anything that upsets me in any way..

It's been all good so far with no downsides that I have yet found.

• Posted

since having mine out in feb  ive not been able to eat loads of things  everything as got to be about 3 % fat,  ive had chronic diorehha since having mine out. doctor has put me on questran which as helped with the loose stools but i still cant eat  anything other than  chicken  rice potatoes fish.     All this as led me to become severly depressed which I  now have to take antidepressant.  sad   and go for test after test.    hope you have better luck than me,      maybe try a small amount of bacon first  and see how you are with that 

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out 7 weeks ago and there are lots of things i cannot eat still. I have had to change alot of my diet. I only have de-caff coffee or tea, no sugar, soy milk, dairy free margarine, low fat cheese. Everything has to be lower in fat. I do have bacon but cut all the fat off and cook either in grill or microwave. If i eat anything wrong my stomach soon tells me. I would say just try a little bit at a time and dont be afraid.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up