Think I'm starting Perimenopause,

Posted , 4 users are following.

Think I'm starting Perimenopause, just waiting for bloods to confirm. So apart from the shorter periods, fatigue, back ache, anxiety, and the kidney pain. I've been in agony with my hips for past few days, I know joint pain is a symptom and I don't want to keep taking pain killers, HELP!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello I'm 47 and I experienced the same. I want to ask you where is your kidney pain . Because I am having a pain on the left side mid section for about 2 yrs and just wondering

• Posted

Hi Aimee, mine can be either side and sometimes both at same time, but left side is always more painful, mid section just under bottom of rib cage area.
    • Posted

Mine on the left side and on July 20 I'm getting an ultrasound

• Posted

Hopefully you get some answers, please let me know, painkillers are not working, the kidney pain and hips are driving me up the wall.
  • Posted

Ladies,

If you're having kidney pain you should get it checked out. I thought mine was a normal ache/pain and when I mentioned it to my Dr he sent me for an ultrasound and I was in surgery the next day. My kidney was shutting down and they had to insert a stent in my ureter between the kidney and my bladder.

Kidney pain is not a normal symptom of peri

• Posted

Hi the joint pain is quite common. When i started Peri 4 years ago it was one of my first symptoms.. Hips / knees where the worst but it was pretty much every joint in my body.. took months to settle but it did eventually .. now only get it occasionally when my hormones have another surge.  AS mentioned above kidney pain does need checking out , but you can get weird muscle pains in your back that do feel like they are coming from the kidney, ive had them myself on and off and can be quite painful but they do settle. So if its not settling and if you have any blood/bladder issues it does need looking at .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.