Think I may have hiv/aids

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I am a 21 year old straight male and around 3/4 years ago I was in a relationship for around a year with a girl but during that year I stupid slept with her when she was on your period more than once and also done anal with her (unprotected) STUPID I know.

Basically I have came out with a rash on my hands and feet and have also starting loosing my appitite a lot and generally feeling unwell.

I have anxiety so I regular end up in A&E getting bloods done but nothing has ever come back.

Could I have HIV/AIDS or would a doctor of spotted it by now as I have been in hospital around 30 times.

Please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

its not AIDS/HIV, but your too worried can get an hiv test. 

Your rash and other symptoms indicates of an inflammatory autoimmune disorder. 

• Posted

If you've been in the hospital about 30 times, someone should know something! Have you been tested specifically for HIV?  Do you know if s he had any kind of illness? I ask because I have had "period sex" during my 59 years of life, and have had no problems whatsover. But those women were girlfriends, too!  I would suggest you get an HIV test for starters...

• Posted

I have never had a HIV test done but surely if I had it something would have showed somewhere
    • Posted

I guess you have a point, but I was thinking of her moreso having an illness you didn't know about since you started to get a rash, losing appetite, etc.

• Posted

So all of this happened 4 years ago...but you're still getting a rash on your hands and feet? Has the rash been there constantly for 4 years? Or has it been coming and going for 4 years?  Seems like your title is kinda of misleading..."Think I may have hiv/aids". But you said you never had an hiv test. And with that, why would you think you had hiv/aids? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.