Think I may have ibs or something more sinister!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having strange bowel movements of the past 3 to 5 weeks and it's really starting to worry me, I started of being quite constipated but my stools where the same size as normal when I managed to go, but now they have completely changed. They have thinned slightly and have flat edges and I have quite a Bit of mucas when I wipe. There is no blood in my stool or when I wipe I just wondered if anyone had the same as I am petrified and only 23 years of age !!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you have stomach pain that moves about? Do your bowel movements change to loose, urgent stools or diarrhoea?  Try a food diary to see if any food has caused your symptoms.   If you have eaten anything you wouldn’t normally eat, this may have triggered problems.

However, in the meantime, ,see your doctor and ask about IBS since you have had bowel habit change for three to five weeks.

• Posted

I've had a bit or diarrea but not a massive amount my stool seems to be alot softer than normal. I have a little bit of upper abdomen pain but not alot also my tummy rumbles alot more recently. My diet hasn't really changed if I'm honest but I will start doing a food diary !

• Posted

I recently have seen my doctor she has sent me for blood tests that I went for and awaiting results at the moment. She told me she thinks it's ibs but I can't seem to find anyone that has had the same symptoms as me that's why I'm sorting so much.

• Posted

IBS is different for everyone and symptoms vary from patient to patient.  Bowel habit change, stomach pain that moves about, mucus and anxiety are typical symptoms.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

My IBS started with constipation with pellet like stools, generalised stomach pain that moved about, nausea, back pain and loose, urgent stools.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me pippa ! Also where your loose stools thin or fluffy ?
    • Posted

My loose stools were long and thin and changed to a light brown colour but were not fluffy.
    • Posted

Mine are just like that but have a flat side sorry if I'm getting personal it just helps put my mind at rest

• Posted

Quite a few on this forum have posted about having flat stools so you are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.