think I might stop fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been on it 5weeks with improvememt but I'm spaced out and jittery also tired. Some people say wait longer but its getting me down now and stopping my normal life. I'm on 20mg. 

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Give it a few more weeks Rachel see if it gets any better
    • Posted

5weeks is so long to feel this way its getting too hard and I dont know what to do,!!!
    • Posted

I was like that but I got use to it in the end I was going to give it up,but my body got to grips with it
    • Posted

So it didn't go away u just delt with it?? I can't b spaced out with a baby to care for its awful 
    • Posted

I understand best thing to do is explain to your doctor why u want to stop,may be they can offer u something different rachel
    • Posted

So didn't the spaced out feeling ever go? I can't because I'm pregnant and little I can take 
    • Posted

U get use to the spacecake feeling,and it don't seem that bad after a while,u don't notice it that much 
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, yes sounds like you're having a hard time of it there, but you are not alone believe me as I too am going through a rough patch in particular these past 2 or 3 days. I'm very jittery and once again got the weird spaced out feelings, not so much tired as I'm sleeping ok. I'm on day 46, just over 6 weeks, and I'm back to how I was roughly 3 weeks ago, which is awful. I'm praying it's just a temporary thing that will pass (the quicker the better) It's 20mg I take also. I can't stop you taking the tablets but I would'nt advise it certainly not without your doctors help and advice, you have come so far it seems such a shame to stop at this stage when you must be close to getting the maximum benefits? Saying that, I guess they do'nt work for everybody? Tough choice to make there Rachel, hope you make the right one, good luck, and hey keep us informed please, thankyou smile
    • Posted

Thank you for ur support. Been full term pregnant on top of this is awful. Poor baby! Should b a happy time. I just want answers that even a Dr can't give. My anxiety caused spaced out feeling/depersonalisation before the meds so it might even b my anxiety rather then the meds. They are doing a job its not as bad as before. The spaced out feeling is worse in different situations but its always there even in my own home. So not me ! 
    • Posted

oh my goodness, did'nt realise you were pregnant Rachel, I can understand your concerns a lot more knowing that, have they given any advice about the fluoxetine affecting the baby? although having said that obviously your doctor knows you're expecting so that was a dumb question. you must have so much emotional stuff going on as well, yikes! I do'nt know what to suggest never having been pregnant smile hopefully some of the ladies on this site will read your post and have some more practical advice for you, best wishes to you. David smile
    • Posted

How u feeling now David? I had a awful day today crying all day awful thoughts of doom. Think the spaced out disconnected feeling is getting me down but still don't know if its the meds or me as I get foggy with depression 
    • Posted

hello Rachel, ummmm well to be honest another awful day, wanted to go hide under the duvet, I get some comfort in the dark somehow. So sorry to hear you too are having such a bad time sad I would hazard a guess and say it's the meds that are behind it, Like Vix I'm on week 7 though I have'nt had the marked improvement that she mentions. Strangely about a week ago I felt better so quite why I'm going backwards I do'nt know.I've got that spaced out foggy feelings dominating my life at present, hate it now the novelty's worn off. Seeing my doctor tomorrow @ 2pm so hopeful I can get some reassurance there. I do so hope your thoughts turn to more pleasant things than doom very soon!! Take care yeah? Hope tomorrow is better for you...... smile
    • Posted

Hi david

So sorry you are back to feeling crappy. It feels such a long hard slog doesn't it?

I felt really quite good at the start of last week and physically symptoms are much better but my mood has turned really blue which doesnt seem to make sense :-(  I should be rejoicing but instead feel like crying. 

Its really hard to feel like you're going backwards, hope it doesnt last for you and that the sun starts shining through.

Hope today is better for you. Take care

Vix

• Posted

Sorry ur having bad days too. Its the spacey feeling that's depressing me so much. Let us know how you get on at doctors. I feel I must stick out 12weeks to judge it and try my best to not obsess over it x
    • Posted

hiya Vix,

hell yeah it's a rough ride is'nt it? perhaps not for everybody coz I guess personal circumstances etc play a big part in it, but its frustrating getting up to a high level of wellbeing to suddenly fall back down again, without warning or evident signs! However we have come this far so surely it cannot get worse, and it's always going to be better than right at the beginning when everything seemed so worthless. And today is actually better for me than yesterday, which is great, thankyou to the god who is Fluoxetine wink  David x

• Posted

How did the doctors go? Does he think its ur illness rather then the tabs. Glad to hear ur day is better. Mind is a bit too, got my mummy looking after me wink
    • Posted

hello Rachel, well I've seen my doctor and came away quite positive for a change, nothing worse than going to the doctors and coming away with more questions than answers! so today is certainly an improvement on yesterday, not much, just a wee bit, but I'm greatful for anything smile how's your spaceyness today? that is such a strange feeling is'nt it, I kinda enjoyed it initially but it's getting me down now, interesting to see you mention 12 weeks before you judge it, I was thinking 6 to 8 weeks! and I'm only on day 50, yikes just realised that means week 7 already for me! hope you have had a better day Rachel xx
    • Posted

aww bless, that is so nice you have your mum to look after you, hello mum smile
    • Posted

Doctor left u on the meds then ? Its so annoying thinking its meds when prob us. A lot of people told me 12 weeks x 
    • Posted

So glad your day is better that is definitely great!  :-) as long as we're moving forward overall I guess thats all we can ask.  Onwards and upwards hey?!

:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.