think I might stop fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been on it 5weeks with improvememt but I'm spaced out and jittery also tired. Some people say wait longer but its getting me down now and stopping my normal life. I'm on 20mg. 

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel

Sorry you're still feeling so bad, you're having a really rough time. If your mood is better sounds like the flu is working but its really slow and the longer it goes on the harder it gets to believe it will help and to deal with the side effects. 

I'd really stick to it tho as I've just started wk 7 and have noticed a marked improvement in the last 2 wks. Im sure its not the end but for now im just geateful for the days im feeling ok. I totally sympathise as I was extremely tired during the last 2 months of pregnancy without having to contend with these side effects so it must be so hard. Get as much rest as you can tho thats easier said than done I know with a family.

Talk to your doc but if you can bear it stick it out for a few more weeks. You've come so far down the line.  Im guessing you cant take propanolol or simular to help the jitters/anxiety

Really hope you start to feel more improvement soon.

All the best

Vix

• Posted

Thank you. No the only options are sertraline and fluoxetine in pregnancy. It is better then before yes but they best days where from day 9 which might of been me by myself as that's early. Awful depression week 3. Maybe if I could just stop wishing it away and ignore it it will go but I'm scared I'm taking meds that are messing my brain up more then I'm going to have a now born very soon, I also have a 8 and 4 year old and feel like such a bad mum because of this then their my world ! 
    • Posted

Please do not beat yourself up, youre ill and need to get better. I know what you mean tho its hard not to become obsessed with it when you're feeling so cr@p. :-(

Im lucky my husband took lots of time out with my daughter  thankfully but I felt like a bad mum too, still do some days. Hope there's someone there helping you?

Just concentrate on getting better, rest when you can and take time out to do some thing nice for yourself if you possibly can. Hope you can find the strength to stick it out.

X

• Posted

Thank u Vic ur support is great. My husband took 3 weeks off but has now had to return to work. If I knew that one day on the meds I'd feel normal I'd b OK and stronger put I worry I'm taking them and I'll always feel spaced out dulled. I don't sleep at night but I take a nap while children are at school. Are u on fluoxetine if so do u feel spacey ? Sorry if iv asked already xx thank u xx
    • Posted

Hi

Yes on flu (after 8 wks citalopram which didnt suit)  I def had fuzzy head some days like I was watching the world through water n not really in it. That passed quite quickly for me though but still occasionally get the feeling. Im glad you can have a rest while kids are at school , god knows you'll need it.

My main symptom/side effect was nausea (over 4 months of it lost 2 stn quickly n got v weak n shaky) but touch wood thats subsided over the last week a lot. On the plus side im enjoying being slim but need a whole new wardrobe as eveything falls off or looks ridiculous !

All I can say is suddenly and almost miraculously this last week I have felt nearer to my normal self than I have in months. Nausea almost completely gone. Whether its that magic corner ive turned at "6-8wks" I don't know,  I've had some really blue days too but compared to 6-8 wks ago I am soooo much better. I expect to be hit by a few really bad days some time, if not great ill count myself lucky.

If you can bear it give it a few more weeks and hopefully you can get there too, hope it comes sooner rather than later. Xx

Keep posting on here, hope im reading good news soon.

Vix

• Posted

I just want to take off these glasses where the world looks strange. Iv just been to midwife and as soon as I went in the feeling got worse so the anxiety is still a issue. I only took 10mg last night and feel less spacey today but its properly all in my head. I need to count myself lucky as 3weeks ago I was a mess unable to hardly move. Just dont want to b meds that make my feel zombie like. Hope in 2weeks I'll feel like me again as this low mood avoiding people really int me. I'm thankfull for your support and happy ur feeling loads better biggrin
    • Posted

Ps also started taking serious multi vits and omega3 supplements two weeks ago, could all be coincidence but as tesco say every little helps! 

X

• Posted

I take multi pregnancy pills, iv heard omega 3 helps and its safe in pregnancy so I'll try it. Just questioning if to take 10mg or 20,mg I'm sure 20 spaces me out but 10 is too weak to benefit and keep me going down again. Grrrrrr its annoying 
    • Posted

Dunno about that, most ive heard of are on 20 which im on or been upped to 40mg. Docs best to help just dont swap n change dose too much or your body may react.

Hope levels out soon.  Take care

Ttfn

Vix

• Posted

I'll stick 20mg out I have to. My doctor hasn't called back nor has my counciler .... Lovely of them to say I phoned at 11.30am
    • Posted

Cried all day today suck in black mist of depression m nothing gives me pleasure. Some days I think I'm doing well and others are hell. I don't remember it been this long on SSRI last time they seemed to just fix me then sad 
    • Posted

Oh bless you! Its horrible feeling so blue:-( although in myself im a lot better I cant shake that blue feeling that's come on, trying to keep tears at bay. And dont really know why. 

Ive read a few people on here that say its been harder second time around, I had brief time on ad's last yr and felt better within a few weeks , totally myself within 2 months and felt well enough to come off (tho prob did too soon and why ive ended up back on them:-( ) . 

Ill be thinking of you today with my tissues at hand. Hope today is better for you. X

Take care

Vix

• Posted

Hope we r all better soon that would b lovely. Its just driving me mad thinking are these tablets going to do good, feels like its been too long. I'm sick of been spaced out looking into no where I feel sedated like I'm a nutter who needs to be haha. Depressed was putting me into depersonalisation though so its hard to judge for me and the dr. 
    • Posted

It is confusing to know if depression or fluox causing these feelings or bit of both. Wonder if could be pmt with me at mo too tho obviously not for you!

Yes would be lovely if we were all feeling better soon, fingers crossed. Tho physically im lots better so if I can shake the blues im almost there. Hope we both can shake these  feelings soon.

Take care. 

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.