Think my anxiety is back, any advice ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been anxiety free for about a month or so and it all started last night when a guest told me she was having chemotherapy she must of been just a few years older than me.. Then my partner told me his uncle has throat cancer. I don't know why it made me anxious I'm just really scared of dying, I just feel like I don't like being In my own body sometimes especially at work, does anybody feel the same? I'm going away this weekend for a few days so hopefully that'll be a nice break but I just feel like I'm not getting anywhere sad any advice would be great X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I know what its like being afraid of your own body. So exhausting and upsetting. I am upset by hearing of others illnesses too and then I feel bad for being selfish.

Most people that know me now know not to talk about things in front of me. V difficult tho as my job has a medical element to it! Have you told family / work colleagues?

Try to get this out of your head and have a great weekend away. Don't let it take the joy out if your life. I try to think now, f it, if I'm going to die tomorrow I may as well enjoy today!

Have you tried cbt? Helped me calm myself and think more rationally. Waiting for a referral for another lot at the moment. Feel like I need a refresher course after a year!

Have loads of fun over the weekend x

• Posted

Yeah my boyfriend knows I don really like people talking about illnesses infront of me. I work in a restaurant and the hours are draining and I'm constantly tired and never get time to relax really! My partner is full of energy and I'm always drained X
  • Posted

Hey Katie,

This is fairly common.

Have you been able to find a therapist yet?

• Posted

Hi Katie

Its rubbish when you think you have it under control and then it rears its ugly head again!!!!

You have beat it once you can do it again

Consider thaerapy

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Im 16 and it makes like 2 years i have derealisation.

it makes 2 days that it is 25 percent better.

My method is little bit strang but it did its job.

U have to look at u and tell ur slef in ur mind that this what ur looking at is ur body.

it belongs to u.nobody can take it. tell urself that u never had cancer and never will have because no one in ur family has it. 

Lay down for an certain time in an quite place and relax. tell in your mind where u currently are.

by telling u where u are and who u are and which person u know when u see them, ur brain starts binding the information and ist able to relax.

DONT SMOKE, DONT DRINK, SLEEP ENOUGH, AND TRY NOT TO MOVE OR THINK AGITATED.

all this with, say that this is ur body... sounds crazy but helps

I have this derealisation for 2 years and i started my taktik yesterday,because i just found out yesterday what i had.

I hope I could help u a bit with my little trics,

i wish u luck and im sure that u ll feel better in a weekbiggrin

ur karl

• Posted

Dear Katie, there will always be people around you who are not well or seriously ill.  You cannot avoid them like the air you breathe.  Please remember that it is not YOUR fault they are not well.  You are there merely as a passer by.  If you have to, listen to the conversation but let it GO.  Do not attach yourself to it.  By the way, I would like to know who and when made you feel bad about dying or illness?  Remember that you are in charge of your body and if you make your thoughts and feelings happy about it, your body will be happy too.
  • Posted

Listening to others ailments is a bad when you are a anxious person. You absorbed it and it triggered anxiety. We are very higly sensitive people.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for you're repsonses. Sometimes small things trigger my anxiety back, sometimes I'll be in mid conversation with someone and start feeling like im not really there or anytime now I'm just going to scream and go mad or people don't like me! It may sound stupid, im 19 years old.. People say ''what do you have to be stressed about'' the younger generation have it harder now and more to stress about then ever before! I don't want to use antidepressants again as Sertraline It was impossible for me to eat and nearly ended up in hospital.. Just started a new job aswell dont want to risk medications. Just feel like I can't see myself getting anywhere in life xx
    • Posted

Has anyone taught you how to properly breathe using your belly? Bellybio is an app that can teach that. Why do feel medicine is the only answer? Cbt is helpful and you need to have some tools to fall back on when the anxiety creeps up. Life is stressful for the young or the old.it just is. People who live on the edge cant really handle other peoples stresses on top of their own or worse when someone keeps talking non stop and you start to feel trapped there listening to them babble on. It can trigger anxiety.  You really have to have some self calming tools to use. You can self learn them off the u tube even, just something.
  • Posted

I am recovering from over ten years of antidepressant use.  It is very slow and hellish.  I would say that most of anxiety sufferers (if not all) are sensitive people.  I do not watch news and upsetting/violent films/programmes.  
    • Posted

Hi thanks for you're repsonses. Sometimes small things trigger my anxiety back, sometimes I'll be in mid conversation with someone and start feeling like im not really there or anytime now I'm just going to scream and go mad or people don't like me! It may sound stupid, im 19 years old.. People say ''what do you have to be stressed about'' the younger generation have it harder now and more to stress about then ever before! I don't want to use antidepressants again as Sertraline It was impossible for me to eat and nearly ended up in hospital.. Just started a new job aswell dont want to risk medications. Just feel like I can't see myself getting anywhere in life xx
    • Posted

We tend to absorb other peoples negative stuff and  symptoms. I just cant figure out why we cant ansorb the positive energy instead. We Seem sensitive but to the negative stuff. Frustrating. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.