Thinking about PAE for BPH

Posted , 6 users are following.

Would like to know if someone here that have made laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair (keyhole surgery) using a mesh, that had done PAE successful. Would like to understand how the PAE surgeon can view prostatic arteries thru the mesh used to make the hernia repair. Is that possible?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Irp1,

I had inguinal hernia surgery done with mesh about 12 years ago--however, it was not done laparoscopically. Then last June I had PAE done. There was no problem seeing my arteries that I am aware of. My IR used Twilight sedation so I was alert during the procedure. At times the imagining equipment would move and allow me to see my arteries on the large screen in the operating room. Pretty cool.

Stebrunner

• Posted

Thanks a lot stebrunner for your valuable reply. Now I´m very glad that I must have a chance to have PAE successfully done. You washed my anguish away. Now I can sleep peacefully, thinking that a PAE.is a great chance to relieve my symptoms.

• Posted

Had my pae by dr bagla at vascular institute of Virginia who has done more than anyone in the US and has great results. The hernia repair does not get in the way as he put a catheter and needle in a small artery in the top of the leg. They are in the arteries for the procedure.
  • Posted

Had it done by dr Bagla at vascular institute of Virginia and have posted my success along the way. Your mesh does not get in the way.
  • Posted

HI IRP, I had laporscopic inguinal hernia done in 2006, by a surgeon that does laporscopic surgery. You now have me wondering if this surgery   has something to do with my complete urine retention? I was told it was my bladder and enlarged prostate, however my urodynamics says different.Thanks for making me alert about this. Did you have PAE ?

thanks

frank

• Posted

Not yet, but I hope to have PAE very quickly because my symptoms worsened a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.