Thinking issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody else had thinking / concentration issues with anxiety / depression ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary

Unfortunately yes. I have difficulty remembering things, not all the time but sometimes I forget the silliest things - names, what I'm looking for etc. I just put it down to my senses being dulled on the medication (20mg for six months). I'm actually looking forward to coming off them to get my old active mind back. However, cit has been a life saver for me so it's a small price to pay. Good luck

• Posted

I feel like my whole world is in a bubble , feel sooo anxious and confused a lot , hoping the anxiety will ease as only 3 weeks on cit ....then maybe a bit of the bubble will ease .
    • Posted

My mind became blunt in january when my depression started and ive been on numerous ad's before cit so im hoping its the depression or anxiety causing it and not me losing it !
    • Posted

Im trying to find anyone who had memory/concentration issues when depressed and anxious , hoping somebody can relate .
    • Posted

Hi gary, if you read my backstory of my post "my weird depression" it will give you a little insight, i have been on citalopram for almost 2 years started at 20mg a day now down to 3 days 20mg 4 days at 10mg, yes the memory loss oh yes i have it, i forget the most silly things, i could be in the kitchen for example and think"i must write on my shopping list to get something" i go to the living room and have forgot, i am terrible with it, i remember long term from past but just can not remember little things day to day, also the insomnia i have a terrible sleep pattern, so yes you are not alone i do also suffer bowel problem and constant thirst. Citalopram is brilliant for depression unfortunately because it is "brain food" it can cause alot of side affects, memory loss is a rare one but it is there, i think that doctors need to approach it more often as we are few that suffer from it
  • Posted

Th cognitive and concentration issues are definitely linked to depression and anxiety. If we're not calm and happy, how can we think straight? This is why depression is so misunderstood; people think it just takes mental fortitude to snap out of it, but depression and anxiety numbs and debilitates your mind!

How long have you been on Cit? If you find that it's not working for you, you may want to speak to your doctor about a different antidepressant. I found that while Cit did help wi my depression and anxiety, it kind of dulled my brain and senses. 

• Posted

Might want to give it a month more to see if it works. I felt best on 30 mg after about 2-3 months, but I am now off them because of the libido issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.