Thinking of stopping

Posted , 9 users are following.

I will have been on Flouxitine for 6 weeks on Sunday an feel worse than ever really thinking of giving it up , any advice am driving myself crazy with Google an sites , looking up every symptom , just can't seem to see a light an the end of this tunnel 😢 Xxx

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jayne. It's been about 7 weeks for me on fluoxetine 20mg. I do not feel great to be honest. I feel constantly on edge and anxious.I had a breakup 2 months ago and not dealing well with it. I have been on flux before and it really helped me. I came off of it to try to get pregnant. That's when things started to get worse. Maybe we just need to give it more time to work. I wish you all the best x

• Posted

Hi Isabel thanks for the reply , am so sorry about your break up an not feeling good , ur so right about giving it more time ! but really don't no how long I can go on with this anxiety feeling x

• Posted

From past experience I would suggest hanging on in there. I tried many ADS over the years and flux was the only one that worked for me. That's what I keep reminding myself of. I also think it helps to remember there are so many lovely people in this world - such as you all on here. X

• Posted

Thank you Isabel means a lot , going to stick it out , God am like a yo yo , don't no wether am coming or going hahah done this long , we will get there in the end x

• Posted

Hi there, I am in the same position...but double that. I'm at 12 weeks (up from 20mg to 40mg 3 weeks ago) and feeling worse than ever... I know that doesn't sound encouraging...but people on here have been so kind and helped me and I only signed up yesterday. I feel exactly the same as you but something tells me to keep going with it. I have heard so many good things about people in the long run taking Fluoxetine... and also that it can take a long time for this to kick in properly... with a lot of ups and downs. I know how hard it is and I am struggling too. Maybe we can try and help each other? 

• Posted

Hi there, WOW lots of struggling people on here - unfortunately.  I'm on week 9 and really struggling with anxiety and panic - it is truely awful - particularly in a morning.  Please keep posting and, as you say, we can help each other through.  Everyone does say it takes time, I have taken it before and have got there in the end - it seems to take longer and longer to get anywhere though x

• Posted

Hi LJK 12 weeks omg how the hell have u coped ? If I would of none from day one what we was going to go through than 100 percent would not of started , have u felt any improvement ? Can't imagin feeling like this for 12 weeks hats of to you , well done for sticking it out '

• Posted

... I only signed up yesterday also!

x

• Posted

Hiya...yes it really is awful isn't it. As you've said, only joining yesterday-we must have been on the same wavelength!...and i'm sure, just like me you will feel better to know someone is in the same boat. I am trying today to start with a fresh outlook as mornings seem to be better for me....so am going to start on Monday with getting on my wii step for 20 mins in the morning...and a walk later with dogs...that's a huge start for me as i've just not been feeling like doing anything at all. If we can keep coming on here, maybe we can give each other some encouragement to keep going and hopefully we will get there in the end? x

• Posted

We should definitely help each other out. It really does help to get it all out there in the open. I find it difficult to express/articulate what i'vê been feeling. The breakup came at a time after many months of anxiety and putting up with a lack of respect for me. So I think I feel particularly low and that will take some time to get over. I'm moving flat tomorrow and just started a new job so my life is a bit unstable, hence the anxiety. I was doing some pretty unhelpful things like trying to date too soon. So from tomorrow I will stop and just focus on me and getting back some self respect.

I'm here to listen if anyone needs to talk. X

• Posted

Hiya...well I can't lie its been tough...but you know i'm thinking sometimes if someone is going through the same feelings on the same meds...that somehow we might find a way to get through it all talking to each other. I did feel a little better initially...but I was also taking Zoplicone for a few weeks to help me sleep...and i'm thinking it may have been more to do with that. I came off after 2 weeks as the dr said the Zoplicone could be addictive and I was terrified as i've never taken drugs in my life...so have just stick with the Fluoxetine in the hope that somehow, some way there will be light at tthe nd of the tunnel. Something just tells me to keep going. I don't want to risk starting another AD and having to go through all the side effects again...hopefully we can all help one another through this hard stage? x

• Posted

U have made me feel a lot better about these meds , an not alone , I think talking to people going through the same stuff really does help , thank you so much , my doctor gave me diazepam for the first couple of weeks so think that was helping me ,now feeling at a really low point , but we will get through this , x
    • Posted

I think that's really good idea. If i've learned anything...its that you need to be a bit selfish..which doesn't come naturally!...and focus on yourself and little things that make you happy and feel remotely better. Even the tiniest insignificant thing can just make all the difference.. I am so sorry about the break up. It's never easy. I was started on Fluoxetine because of depression and anxiety from a build up of losing my Mum and my Dad and 2 miscarriages...but i'm extremely lucky to have a really supportive husband and daughter, so I need to keep trying for them... I also am here any time if anyone needs to talk.

Think of one thing today that makes you feel good and just do it without thinking..however little it may be..and also as you say with the new job/flat its only natural that you will feel anxious right now. Don't be too hard on yourself, let it happen and take some deep breaths x

• Posted

Oh I am so glad about that, I really am. I honestly understand how you feel, anything that helps you feel calm and relaxed and focussed is a good thing to start with...however little...a bubble bath, music, a movie. Anything to just focus on yourself for a bit and take you  away from your thoughts... we WILL get through this x
    • Posted

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your struggles too. X
    • Posted

Thank you. Hopefully this will help us and if we keep posting we may be able to pull each other up a bit and help each other along x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.