Thinking of trying meds again

Posted , 3 users are following.

People can't face depression alone and get results, is there anyone from East Midlands

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Not from East Midlands but happy to chat on here if you need a sounding board xx
    • Posted

Hi thinking of trying the older style meds cos the modern ones have never worked, was stuck on them years ago. The isolation is unbearable, not everyone realises how problems that some of as have had jeopordise employment etc, when you have gaps in employment even if you've been raising a child on your own when you have mental illness and been treated like an idiot and offered tablets that can affect your sleep. This was a few years ago but it still winds me up x
    • Posted

Know what you mean I lost a job through incapability a few years ago.  Totally agree about the isolation and lots of people out there need educating about depression. Think that's why this site is invaluable as we can talk to others that understand what we are going through. Do your friends and family offer support x
    • Posted

My family treat me like an idiot, they offered no support when they broke my marriage up, and I was bringing up my child alone so I don't contact them anymore x
    • Posted

It is much harder when feeling so alone. Once you get sorted by GP, what about joining a club or evening course, get to know a few people, it could give you new interests and make you more positive and upbeat on life. Gentle exercise such as a walk helps and I find I think more constructively rather than sitting at home thinking of all that is wrong in my world. Don't get me wrong I have bad days where it feels comforting to wallow in my misery but be careful not to be in that state for too long as that could lead down a long sad miserable road. We can't be happy all the time but fresh air, people to pass the time of day with and a couple of interests all help to improve your mood and emotions, with the help of your doctor and maybe therapy where you can get it all off your chest would help you back on track. Go for it !
  • Posted

just think, in life you only survive so long till evolution doesnt want you any more, and throws you aide in a pit of pain.  it happens to all of us, even happened to Jesus.
  • Posted

i am from the east midlands, its good to talk about it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.