Thinning hair

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone, have any of you noticed your hair getting a lot thinner ? I'm scared im going bald as I can see my scalp it's making me paranoid. Thyroid checks fine so is this going to carry on until I go completley bald or will it calm down and stop thinning when all this is over ? I take B12 slow release, vit c, e, evening primrose and magnesium and have a good diet so must be lack of hormones. Three years into surgical meno and worrying so much it's making me feel ill. Any remedies or advice please, thanks ??x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am losing mine too. I started using Ro gained. Seemed to help some, but it's still growing back very slowly. Maybe add Biotin supplements to your vitamin regime too. Anyway, you are not alone in this one. My part line looks like a carved out light bulb. Teehee... not that funny... Trust me I feel you on this one Lou.

• Posted

Hi Lou,

Yes, but I now take a lovely supplement called Biotin.  It comes in 5000, 7500, which is the one I take, and 10000 mcg.  It works wonders for the hair and nails!  I would say it takes a good 3-6 months.  But I noticed a big difference right away.  I started seeing baby hairs growing in within the first 3 months, and my hairdresser could tell my hair started feeling healthier by then too. 

Good Luck!  smile

• Posted

Hi deidra thank you so much for the info I will DEFINATLEY get some - the ammount you take seems to be what most people recommend to see results, it's great news that you have new hair coming through and healthier aswell. How are you feel in yourself, do you feel better generally in yourself from taking the biotin ? X

• Posted

Hi Lou,my hair is breaking but your hair does come back my sister own did after menopause you could try flaxseed if your in the UK go to Holland Barrett pick a packet up OK hope it helps.
  • Edited

Biotin and rogaine work. My mom was going bald and she put on Rogaine and took biotin and her hair came all came back almost immediately. Took about 6 months to fully recover from the baldness.
    • Posted

ooops where's the edit button? didn't mean to repeat there.

• Posted

lol, I haven't found it either because they haven't incorporated it yet.  I've emailed them a number of times asking for it, but of course, they like seeing all the grammatical mistakes which some sentences don't even make sense. I dont think a little edit button would hurt. smile

• Posted

LOL  Well no wonder I have not found it yet!  No, I don't think it would hurt either!!  It makes me crazy when I make a mistake!!  LOL  Or my fingers decide to pick their own keys!  LOL  Some time I type too fast, and the site it soooo very slow, it becomes a real mess, and I have to delete the whole thing and start over.  Well, we can only hope!  LOL 

• Posted

thank you so much, seems that biotin keeps cropping up again and again - it seems to be the answer here so I'm off to get some. Thanks once again x

• Edited

Hi

I have been losing hair for last four months. I have been tring to figure out what is causing this problem. I too have been scared about all this hair loss. I'm glad not going crazy!!

• Posted

hi Kris, yes it's scary isn't it I know - all this help from all these lovely ladies is so wonderful it really will help. I Hooe you feel as reassured as I do. Good luck x ??

• Edited

I lost weight last year nearly 20 lbs. It was scary, and my digestion was a mess for nearly 4 mos. Thought I had ingested some bad bacterialink virus. Had bad digestion issues too. Had all these tests done. Nothing came back abnormal.

You'll gain the weight back. It took about 9 mos. for me. Now I gained too much back, and now can't keep it off. I blame all weight issues up or down on peri. My gyno.. tried to tell me losing weight was not a symptom. Boy was she wrong. Im convinced doctors don't understand all the symptoms involving peri. menopause. It's so much more than hot flashes, night sweats, sleep issues and irritability.

Lots of bouts of anxiety, muscle aches, dizziness, headaches, weight issues, indigestion, depression. So so many more things....

Hang in there

• Edited

Hi didi, I had loss 20 lbs too, half of it has come back but i'm working on reducing it again. But I'm constantly feeling hungry at night. I'm trying hard not eat but it's hard sometimes. My doctor knew that everything I was going through was a symptom of peri/meno, so not all doctors don't understand. I have a basic rule, if the pain gets worse and doesn't go away after one week, then I go see the doctor. Otherwise, I chalk it up to being part of the process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.