Thinning hair

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone, have any of you noticed your hair getting a lot thinner ? I'm scared im going bald as I can see my scalp it's making me paranoid. Thyroid checks fine so is this going to carry on until I go completley bald or will it calm down and stop thinning when all this is over ? I take B12 slow release, vit c, e, evening primrose and magnesium and have a good diet so must be lack of hormones. Three years into surgical meno and worrying so much it's making me feel ill. Any remedies or advice please, thanks ??x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

S

What other symptoms are you experiencing? I have migraine, emotional rollercoaster i hate the emotional ups and downs. Also losing weight. I have read that could last up to 5yrs!

• Posted

Hi Kris - yes I get terrible migraines aswell, ive always had them and they were always on the right side of my head - since this all started they have altered and are more in the base of my skull radiating into the left side and in my face, nose, cheekbones and ear - it's awful and makes me vomit the pains so bad. Have yours changed ? ...... I take sumatriptan but have to catch them early for it to have effect x

• Posted

Hi Lou and Kris,

I too have suffered from awful migraines since I was a teenager.  Like you Lou, alway on my left, base of my skull all the way up face, nose, ear and so on.  My Neuro doctor has me on a med, that has finally worked for me.  I have been on all kinds of meds that work for a few months, then I start getting them again, one or two a week.  He has me on  Topiramate – 100mg nightly, and Butalbital only if I get a breakthrough migraine. Both are pill form.  I have been on the Topiramate since January 1st. and not one migraine!!  I am so thrilled!!!  He started me on 25 mg, and slowly added 25 mg a week until I reached 100.  Now, he only did this because I have such problems with meds.  Anyone else could most likely start off with the 100's.  That would have to be up to you and your doctor of course.  But there is no interaction with any of the meds I take, no side effects what so ever for me.  I am just so happy to not even have one single migraine in all of this time!  It really is the first first for me!!  I was on Noratriptaline (sp) for 2-3 years, but I would still get about 2-3 migraines a month.  Which was 2-3 too many if you ask me!!  LOL 

Lou, you had asked me if I felt better taking the Biotin. It's hard to say, as I also take D3, and I know that helps with the mood too, so I would have to say yes, I do feel better, it could be the combination.  But I was taking the D3 before I started taking the Biotin, so I know the Biotin worked on it's own with the hair issue. 

• Posted

Viramin D3 helps with moods?  Although I take D3 had no idea it helps with mood, can this be so? If it does it didn't work on me, lol. Even though my moods are pretty even keel nowadays when I was going through the emotional ride nothing helped. Crying and emotional feelings of being helpless, and unappreciated came by too visit for about a year. I had been taken VD3 at the time, what I do recall in hindsight is that I got the nerve to go out if someone else drove. Other than VD3 didn't do a thing for me.  

• Posted

Yes! LOL  They call it the "Sunshine" vitamin.  I started my husband on it, and his mood improved a good deal.  He had some health issues after retiring, and went through a bit of depression, and thankfully perked up after being on it after a couple of months.  I think men get a bit lost when they first retire anyway, then he got hit with the health issue.  He is ok now.  Parts of the US were I live, winters are long and snowy, so we need it since we don't see much of the sun...need to get our Vit D some way!  LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.