Third day in and im constantly starving!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doesnt help i am working the night shift and only eating 2 meals a day BUT I am sick of fruit it does not fill me up when i snack! anybody know any crisp/rice cake that are low in fat like snackajack for a snack??

Also does anybody follow the XENICAL meal plan? if so which plan do you follow? not sure which calorie intake was thinking 1400 but ones American Fare and Hispanic Fare and another Fare, i do not understand the difference!!!

sorry to be a pain!! x

xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You shouldn't be hungry - you obviously not eating enough calories. Can't you prep your food and take it to work? 

You can eat snack a jacks, the small packets. I have them as a snack occasionally, and skips. I looked at the diet plan but then just took ideas of it and check everything through my fitness pal, takes a whole to adjust. I'm on day 9. I've found the key was to do an Xenical shop so everything in my cupboard was within the requirements so I have it all ready. Tescos do these ready made meals, city in the kitchen, don't normally do ready made meals, but the chicken Katsu is yummy and in your allowance. 

Hope that helps hun x 

• Posted

Thankyou Collette! I am going to Morrisons on my way back from work tomorrow morning so will have a good look then. I have My Fitness Pal on my phone too!

How do you eat out? Im going out for lunch on saturday lunchtime but not sure where were going and most menus dont have the fat contents on xx

• Posted

Your welcome. I'm still learning with it, I cooked with olive oil and suffered big time lol

You can check the food on my fitness pal. I think it has most eateries on it. Rice and most noodles are low. Jacket potatoes are good and low. If all else fails, eat salad with chicken, that's what I did lol  x 

• Posted

Hi @Bex

You can eat Snack a jacks, ryvitas with cottage cheese are filling i can only manage 2 of them. No crisps well sainsburys used to do some but they don't make them anymore.

Kallo flavoured rice cakes

I follow my own plan. Water does help to fill you maybe try a smoothie? a homemade one that is they are filling x

• Posted

i thought the ryvitas were always too high in fat?? help because i love ryvita and crackers!! x
    • Posted

No they are fine i eat them all the time the only ones you can't eat are the sunflower seed ones i love the black pepper ones x
  • Posted

Hi Bex, I can sympathise with you over working night shifts and only eating 2 meals a day (retired from NHS now but used to earlies, lates and nights) doing nights is tough enough on your diet.  Could you try having breakfast when you come off your night shift, have your normal dinner between 5 to 7 then during night shift when body metabolism drops to its lowest point and concentration and sleep beckons have a toasted banana sandwich for a boost might be more filling eating it as slow as possible whilst drinking plenty of water throughout shift.  I agree with the snackajacks and they are less if you buy the caramel rice cakes rather than packets for some reason or a bowl of porridge with a banana mashed on it might just fill you for a bit of a longer stretch rather than just 2 meals during 24 hours ? Hopefully you will eat something thats helps the shift and hunger pangs retreat smile

• Posted

thankyou Maureen!  im finally off the night shifts now and back to days and can get back to the gym sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.