This can't be right

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I have aloft of problems with me anxiety disorder OCD dp and I was wondering why I keep pretending to die like I will pretend to have a heart attack or something I don't know why i do it and it happens a lot is it part of my OCD?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi George you must be a very lonely person don't fret over what your body is doing and that is over-reacting to the lonleyness you must feel basicaly we call these sham heart attacks or anything else that might crop up as histrionics the bodies way of getting attention.  Unless it is already ruining your life you need help in the form of therapy speak this over with your doctor...(a tip here) it to me would seem that you need more than one appointment so for the first appointment ask for a double appointment then if you feel or know you are likely to get tongue tied or forget things start making a list of the things that bother you the most, as regards the heart tthe doctor can set your mind at ease if necessary by doing an ECG most surgery's are equipped to do this these day's and don't worry about being a pest anxiety is the world silent killer and in the wake of Robin Williams I just hope and wish a lot more stopped the silent suffering and saw their GP.
    • Posted

I've been on therapy for a month I don't pretend to have a heart attack or a stroke etc in front of people  only when I'm by myself and I'm not really lonely I have a family around me I'm 15  Im on therapy cbt to be precise
    • Posted

George sorry that you misread my reply we all at times feel lonely lonelyness is not just the lack of people around you but sometimes due to anxiety for instance you feel you cannot interact with other people.  Good to see you are on CBT as that was the one that really sorted me out.  Good for you that you can keep so much to your self a lot cannot and take up time and place in the ER.
  • Posted

Ah George, I feel the need to share with you as I have never heard of any one else that does this too.. not that I talk about it. Since I was a little girl I always, when upset or if I had been told off, visioned myself dying or nearly being killed. The scene would take on many different scenarios, car accident, illness etc... but I realised it was just a distraction in my head to how I was feeling at the time. And in my head to make myself so terribly ill or near death bought me much wanted attention from those around me.. but only again in my head.. it was comforting!

I do it now if I cannot sleep because of too many anxious thoughts... I thought I was very weird for a long time but as I got older I realised it was just a coping mechanism. We all find ways it is just understanding them. I hope things get better for you smile x

• Posted

Ah George, I feel the need to share with you as I have never heard of any one else that does this too.. not that I talk about it. Since I was a little girl I always, when upset or if I had been told off, visioned myself dying or nearly being killed. The scene would take on many different scenarios, car accident, illness etc... but I realised it was just a distraction in my head to how I was feeling at the time. And in my head to make myself so terribly ill or near death bought me much wanted attention from those around me.. but only again in my head.. it was comforting!

I do it now if I cannot sleep because of too many anxious thoughts... I thought I was very weird for a long time but as I got older I realised it was just a coping mechanism. We all find ways it is just understanding them. I hope things get better for you smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.