This just started happening to me is it happening to someone else as well?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok well this morning i go use the restroom and everything seemed fine until i took a look down there. Once i looked i noticed a thick cottage cheese like discharge, not in my underwear, nor does it have a foul odor and there is no itiching like a usual yeast infection. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you recently been sexually active? It could be a BV infection and that usually gives off an odor during sex.

To be honest, I feel like from the moment you hit puberty to your mid 20s, discharge seems to be all over the place in the amount, smell, color, texture. I think it just has to do w a lot of hormonal changes in those years.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes i had sex Saturday morning but we used a condom and it has no odor at all, its not itiching either, but its just thick and white. Should i try the over the counter metronidazole.?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well you're not itching, so I don't think that is necessary. I do recall when I was younger, getting discharge like that. Was tour period not too long ago or are you more than 14 days before your period? I'm willing to bet it is hormonal related. I notice that girls all the way up till late 20, dem to be more prone to infections. Take a daily probiotic w live culture if you can and that will regulate your pH balance and limit your infections.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well if that's the case then yea my period comes around the 15th. This is the first time I've ever experienced something like this so I was a little confuses and nervous.! Thank you so much.!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'd guess that though this is a UK website you are in US.   If by any chance you can access the UK TV program "Embarassing Bodies" on catch up there was an excellent programme last night on STIs where it showed the different types of discharge!  "Cottage Cheese" suggests thrush but then I'm told you itch like crazy!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi trice sounds like a classics yeast infection but you might want to see your Dr and check it out. If you have sex doing this time it can be passed to your partner. It's not a STD and any number of things can cause them. When I was younger taking a bath n just sitting in the tube use to cause them in me I was a teenager at the time. Hope this helps☺️

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up