This might be a sign the dose is too high....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was at the psych. yesterday and my dose was upped about 7 weeks ago.  One of the things she asked me was if I was pacing at home.  I seem to recall a friend who is bipolar and he was pacing and hand wringing and I think they lowered the dose.  Just in case, these may be signs but I didn't specifically ask her.  

What brought this to my mind was when I was at the shop just now.  I had to wait for something they said would be ready and was not.  I could feel myself getting irritated because they told me it would be ready an hour before I arrived and I was annoyed.  I could feel my heart rate increase and I did start pacing but not like a lunatic.  I don't think the psych. meant in a 'situation' - more if you are doing it alone without a valid reason.

Just something to keep in mind

Jo x  

0 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes Jo that happen to me on twenty I was pacing back and forth like crazy on 20..as soon I was I drop to ten ..it stop..
    • Posted

Well, I'm glad it happened in the store or I would not have thought to put it on here.  We always need to know the little things that show we are not on the right dose.  As soon as I got back home I was ok.  My irritability probably came from a blip that I'm experiencing now that the job has been left aside.  The job will be there if and when I want it and it has happened at  a good time since the holiday season is approaching but it still increases the anxiety - hence a blip. 

Where are you just now Lois, i thought I saw Chile - when do you get back to Florida if you are there.

Jo x  

• Posted

Yes my residence is Florida ...but my husband's job takes him out of the country...

• Posted

Well, it'll be nice to have you back but isn't it great to be anywhere in the world and stay in touch.  

• Posted

I find this conversation fascinating.  Johmac ...   what other signs are u talking about when the dose is too high? 

Lois, what herb that will make a person tired?  I was going to get that root for him YEARS ago, but always to put herbs with meds.  

Brooks paced like crazy maybe until a couple of weeks ago.  If he had a Fitbit watch on ..  it would have blown up 😜

• Posted

It's call kalms...it has valerian root..which calms you and relaxes .with celexa is a bit more .I want to say sadating..

• Posted

To my fellow Jo..  what signs do you know of that a dose it too high?  
    • Posted

Hi jojo

I don't really know all the signs but i think the professionals know certain things that tip them off as to if the dose it higher than it should be. I found it strange that she asked me that and it didn't dawn on me til I was at the shop and began getting irrirated and did a little annoyed pacing myself.  I think the pacing the psych referred to was if you are alone and pacing, I also heard that hand wringing is a sign, maybe look it up. I never asked the psych specifically but i remembered my friends wife telling me they lowered the dose when he was wringing his hands.  Sometimes we can find info online. 

• Posted

Because I have my ambiem for sleep and my zanex for emergencies...you people say it's natural ..but nothing is natural that's bottle....

• Posted

Wow jo I also had that wringing of the hands for the duration of 20...wow....
    • Posted

So then maybe there is something to it if you found the dose too high.  I looked it up and it is when you're in a very anxious state but I don't recall people on here who were on a dose that was right for them mentioning these habits so it could be only if too high.  I haven't had it since I was put on the 40 so maybe that dose is working for me.  Very hard to know all about this stuff - sometimes we just find things out by accident and paying close attention.  

• Posted

Yes...but since I am a low tolerance to meds person...I could only take small milligrams of any medication.over the counter or prescribed.
    • Posted

So then it makes sense that these are signs of a wrong dose.  Interesting !!! 
    • Posted

My saw 2 diff psychiatrists and 1 said the dose was too high and the other said it's too low.  I have little faith in his doctors.  And because he's autistic and can't speak for himself, they have no problem telling me "sorry can't help him anymore ". 

So I really don't know what signs!

• Posted

I think you'll probably get more info from people here who have experience on this stuff. I don't sympathize with doctors, especially when they are namby pamby about prescribing. Everything is theory with them and a textbook NEVER will explain what the patient is going through. Only people like Kate, Lois and others on here who have gone through the dark tunnel and you find similarities in what they say, will be the best gauge. 

• Posted

Absolutely.. every thing you have call out ... happened to me when it was high dose... my irratibility was out of this world...it was like a bad illegal trippppppppp.
    • Posted

Jojo,  I don't know anything really about autism but research research and research could be helpful.  Find others who are in the same situation and maybe it will lead you down the right road.  We here are mostly adults going through it giving the way we feel.  I think there must be places online that you can connect to for a child who is unable to relay what he feels. 

• Posted

I know it's not funny Lois because I've had days of that irritability and it just is so horrible when you want to rip your own skin off but you have a way with words sometimes.  lol

• Posted

You have a point Jo..I know JoJo gets info and comfort from us.and I know her son's circumstances are different than ours...his mother right now is the one that makes his decisions..so on top of maybe her finding some information from researching ...this forum I'm sure releases alot of stress ...because of doctor's lack of knowledge from this med.im praying for Brooks to recover..

• Posted

Yes I tell it raw...I don't want to sugar coat anything...

• Posted

Yes, and she should stay on here for the moral support she is getting which is fantastic but it's got to be so hard when you can't communicate with the one who is suffering.  Maybe there are websites and forums that have common areas of concern.  I will see what i can find myself but like i said, I don't really know much about autism - maybe it's time I find out.  

• Posted

jojo - I sent you a link on the PM that have forums for parents with autism children.  Have a look through them to see what you can find.

• Posted

The thing I'm having trouble with is comparing her son to similar autistic children with zeisures that are on the same meds like her son...

• Posted

I know everyone's chemistry is different .but at times there's only comparison left..

• Posted

and because a child with autism hasn't fully developed, we have no idea of what his symptoms are.  There are probably commonalities and if so, the poor little guy isn't having fun, even adults find this so confusing but I'm sure there are parents who will be able to help a bit more than us who have gone through some of the difficulties.  

• Posted

Absolutely ..I told JoJo a while back that perhaps she should look into a different forum...but I know sometimes any forum your lucky if anyone gives you a hand... katecogs is the about the only one that made alot of Sense to me...I can only imagine
    • Posted

Never give up hope jojo - parents are probably the biggest crusaders on the planet when it comes to finding treatment. I'm sure you'll get there 

• Posted

Yes, and I'm sure there is a Katecogs in the autism world if you keep looking. Kate explains it all and I don't care how many times she says the same thing over and over. I'm still finding her posts that I haven't read before and they are spot on to what I'm going through.   

• Posted

Yes those repetitive post of Kate's are mind curing ..thank you jesus

• Posted

Awe Lois...  ?.  You remembered his name 😊

Jo, he is 19 years old and was a wild fun fun fun kid that I was planning a vacation to Germany with.  Two years ago the only problem I had was paying for all of that cell data he would use.   Then we were in a car accident and that's how the seizures started 😢

Then I went to a top neurologist, head of his class blah blah blah and he forced Brooks to get anesthesia for a test that was useless!   He woke up from the anesthesia like this!  

So I have zero respect for doctors!

• Posted

Oh my goodness, jojo - for some reason I thought he was about 4 or 5. Pardon my inexcusable ignorance.  I have been working lately so I don't have a lot of indepth knowledge of all the posts. I did spend most of this morning looking but there are so many.  That is an abomination that this should have happened to a young man. I am so so sorry. 

• Posted

Question.did the neurologist have anything to say about his anxiety .. because his the one that order his test..and cause this drama for your son.
    • Posted

I'm going to sign off ladies,  I wish you a good night and I'm sure we'll chat tomorrow.  

Blessings 

Jo x

• Posted

I just got Brooks ready for bed.   It's a 1 1/2 process 😡.   

Good night Jo 😊

Lois..  I sure did.  I called repeatedly for months!  He kept telling me "I never heard of that".   This one psych feels Brooks got mania from the anesthesia.  Along with the PTSD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.