This needs looking into!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on this site for nearly three years seen people upset angry and down right frustrated!! I wonder if we could perhaps get all this out into the open! I mean get in touch with someone who is in the public eye! Who would perhaps get some ruddy answers because one thing is certain nobody wants to know post op!! I am fed up of being fobbed off by consultants!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The GB removal is presented by both Doctors and Surgeons as the final solution....not a word of warning as to possible post op problems. I understand in USA, where litigation is rife for medical negligence, there are upwards on 20% of patients with post op problems. 

Ask your solicitor to write to your surgeon for your full detailed medical file?  I am not suggesting litigation but maybe you will get proper post op attention?

• Posted

My understanding is that in many US states it's very difficult to sue for malpractice. The doctor just has to say he used his/her best judgement. Also, if they are able to make you whole again, it's also difficult to recover compensation. It's hard to believe that some want tort reform (make it more difficult to sue) when it's not needed from my point of view. The only time attorneys are successful in New York is if the mistake is seerious like cutting off the wrong limb or something along those lines.
    • Posted

I don't want to Sue anyone I just want some answers as to why we are left to get on with BSM OR other illnesses after GB removal!
  • Posted

I am not suggesting that litigation is the answer...............the requset for a copy of your medical file might waken up your surgeon to take you seriously.
    • Posted

Yes good idea I have an appointment on the ,3rd November with another consultant (fifth) and I am going to demand some answers! This isn't just effecting me but also my husband because we can't go on holiday anymore or anywhere come to that
  • Posted

I totally agree to many people seem to be suffering with the same symptoms. Its not right or fair people are suffering like this
  • Posted

I completely agree with you.

To be fair one of the GPs I spoke to before I had my gallbladder removed did say he wanted to be sure that the gallstones were the cause of the problem and not something else.

I have recently paid £50 to have a full set of my medical notes.

Some very interesting information in there, if you can read the doctor's writing!!

Yes they need to be more honest with us.

Any suggestions as to who we might take this up with?

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah I really didn't have a say about having my GB removed the consultant said he just caught it before it burst! but he never told me that I could have this illness afterwards or that it could change my life so dramatically but if it does we can do this or we can do that! I have seen four consultants the last one didn't even know the Bile Binder that I have to take "Never heard of it" he said looking it up in a drugs book!! I am seeing another on the 3rd November I will see what happens then! I was thinking of approaching one of the Doctors who appear on TV like Chris Steele but not sure how but I will keep thinking. I would like to say also this isn't about sueing anyone he did save my life it's just that I was kept in the dark about the after effects. xxxxx   
    • Posted

I would maybe try going to your MP and asking them to pass it on the the Health Secretary.

Also your local Health Board will have a complaints procedure.

I totally understand what you are saying,yu do not want to get anyone into trouble, but this cannot go on.

I had an experience in hospital a few years ago.

The nurses wee very nice but the admin was dreadful.

There was no communication.

I wrote and complained when I got home. I did not do this for myself but for others who may not be so able to try and sort it out. It did make me wonder WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON HERE?

Hope you get some proper answers on yur next appointment.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.