This Post Meno anxiety is kicking my butt !!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Couldn't take it anymore have just had to start back on anxiety meds...I tried everything but nothing was helping me I didn't want to go back on the meds but as my husband says it's about quality of life and I may only need them until all this meno dies down once and for all. Not sleeping and crying all the time. Waking up several times throughout the night with racing heart and sweaty palms and feet and always feeling like any little thing I get has got to be something sinister. Sure hope I get some relief soon I know it takes about 3-4 weeks to really kick in but at least I know relief is in sight. Just thought I wouldn't need to go this route at being 9 years post meno but I want my life back sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Paisley, let me know how it helps! The pnic attacks are horrible! What anxiety medicine are you trying? I was given Hydroxyzine 25 mg but have not tried it yet. Says take 1 tablet 3 x's a day as needed.

• Posted

I had wonderful results with zoloft in my peri and then after a few years of being without my doctor put me on effexor and it worked well with no real side effects for me, so I am going to try the effexor again and see how it goes 75mg once a day every day .. I take it in the morning with my morning coffee an forget about it and never had any issues with it .Let me know how you get on with the Hydroxyzine
    • Posted

it keeps me on an even keel so that every little thing doesn't send me into tears or jumping out of my skin and no more waking up in the throes of anxiety smile

• Posted

I thought post was happy times???
    • Posted

I was doing awesome with most symptoms being very mild and bam it hit again a few months ago hot flushs, anxiety, crying all the time , muscle spasms the whole gammit of symptoms including nausea, and migraine and general body aches. I thought it was over too but apparently this is not uncommon ..hoping it's the last big bang and then it's over I'm 60 so what I've been told is this could happen on and off into my late sixties sad

• Posted

Paisley, this really scares me. I was looking forward to menopause thinking these symtoms would go away, not I'm losing hope. I don't know how I'm going to live like this if I have many yrs like this ahead of me. Feel better!

• Posted

I was thinking similarly. Even counting down the years. Now I have to add 10 more years to my estimate?!?
  • Posted

Magnesium, vit D Vit C

Brewer's yeast.  Flax sed oil

ditch the cafffine

• Posted

Im post meno by a year (had surgical meno) but was going through it anyway. The firat six montha not too bad but had the hot flushes and sleepless nights after that but it seems to have calmed down. Hated the anxiety and panic attacks which happened six months into menopause, on vitamins for 50 plus and that seems to have settled things down but atill have the odd wierd head moment when I feel a wave of panic coming on! I swim when I can and feel great after so definitely recommend some form of fitness activity! I agree, I feel these things come and go even in menopause, it 's like it just doesn't want to settle and go completely!

• Posted

I love to hike and am quite active that way ...but you are right it's like it never goes completely ....I have been really good the last few years have been really uneventful except the odd thing here or there but nothing and I was beginning to feel really good then this has happened but I'm holding on to the fact that this can happen and I will get through it and be stronger on the other side of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.