Thought a guys post on here last year was crazy

Posted , 2 users are following.

You guys,

Somebody posted a thread on here last year claiming that these episodes are brought on by our stool consistency. He or she claimed that when our stool gets clumpy & kind of like balls or rabbit turds so to speak, an episode is soon to follow.

I thought this Kat was crazy or everybody gets their episodes from different reasons.

I suffer from the worst you can imagine. The kind that wake u up from a dead sleep & lasts for 2-3 hrs of screaming in agony & at times passing out from my body not be able to handle the pain.

Now I was a slave to these episodes. They came every 6 weeks like clockwork. For the past 20 some years.

I'm a believer now in what this person speaks of....

I completely changed my diet strictly to get in shape & lose weight. No more gluten or cheese. Basically the things that can constipate you slightly. And I have plenty of fiber in my diet now. Since the consistency of my stool has changed I haven't had an episode in 6 months now. There is something to this for sure.

Cory

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wish I could say the same sad

Mine started after losing 6 stone, eating a much healthier diet and being extremely more active.

I suffer with IBS. So I keep wondering whether fibre is my problen. I read an article that said fibre for IBS sufferers can actually worsen constipation and symptoms and we should actually eat things like white bread and sugar etc and limit high fibre foods. So I did for a bit. No persistent attacks. The odd one here and there. Put on a good few pounds, so I have been eating a low carb, high protein diet the past 4 days with lots of vegetables and I've had small persistent attacks the past 2 days. I also suspected nuts for a while and dehydration.

Congratulations on finding something that has elevated this condition. For me, well, I'll have to keep with the Punch Technique for now haha.

• Posted

Alvin was this guy's name that posted the thread on this topic of it being all in the stool. You guys should read this thread by him. It's in the discussion of "Proctalgia Fugax is ruining my life". There's really something to this. I changed my diet to clean, healthy eating & haven't had an episode since my stool is soft & not hard & clumpy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.