Thought I had DD under control :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've had DD for over 10 years, and thought I had it under control, being careful what I eat, making sure to take plenty fibre..but recently over past few months I'm having a flare up every few days. Now I'm worried to eat as it will set it off. Been Doctors, and now being referred to see if I have IBS as well as DD but got to remain pisitive

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

They tell me I have IBS as well asDD it gets bad when I get stressed. I find it hard not to get stressed but I am trying x
    • Posted

I fully understand you. I work in a gp surgery and I feel the DD starting because it's a stressful job. Don't want to get hospitalised but I feel it's going to happen soon. Wish I could get a new digestive system..lol

• Posted

I have IBS and DD and find it difficult to know the difference.

If it's really bad I assume it's DD to be on the safe side and

usually see my GP incase I need antibiotics.

I have pain at some level every day and do struggle to cope with it. I'm sorry you are suffering too.

• Posted

For myself if I get pain on left side and cramps then I know it's dd. Think ibs will be linked as they are botg digestive issues. But I know and understand how you feel. And sorry your suffering also.

• Posted

Hi Fedupwithfood,

I have had DD for almost 3yrs without flare ups. I found that the main trigger to flare ups is stress. If something is putting a lot of stress on you anything you eat effect you and you will have pain in your side or stomach.  The liquid diet is the best when your feeling stressed because there are no heavy foods in your system to apply pressure.  The human body has soo much to deal with on a day to day bases to where this is just a cause and effect of stress on top of all of that.  Try different ways to reduce stress such as yoga, art, or meditation.

• Posted

So true. My stomach is off this morning I put it down to the fact my husband was having a angioplasty yesterday but it got cancelled. I don't feel stressed and I don't look stressed but I am inside I will have to go through it all again on Thursday that's his new date also my daughter is having a operation on Friday so iam expecting a not so good weekend

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up