Thought I was dying driving home.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started having chest pains in car, heart felt like it was hickuping occasssionaly, and then got this weird sensation in the middle of my chest, my heart started racing and then got this weird feeling in my chest and left side of my chest started to get painful I started feeling extremely breathless, but I can't really say whether it was just breathlessness, chest tightening or squeezing. I was sweating a fair bit, but when I started checking my pulse it was hard and fast and I started shaking, but the symptoms started subsiding after a couple of minutes. Got home after 5 minutes or so and I was just shaking like it was my adrenalin, but when I stood up upstairs my chest started getting tight again and worrying the he'll outa me. I've been getting cold chest and back too. Is this panic attack or heart attack?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Aw greg that sounds scary ,i know aniexty can creep up in so many shapes and forms but just to be on the safe side i would see the gp...hope all gets sorted.x
  • Posted

Prob panic as this happened before ? Get checked out ASAP to be reassured.

• Posted

If you have not seen a doctor recently for  this issue then you should ansolutely get an exam. If you already got cleared as fine and you know its anxiety would say you had a big panic attack. Ice chips in your car are a great trick and u would place ice chips under your tongue at the begining of the anxiety attack and keep doing it until u reach your location. It sidetracks the adrenaline rush.
  • Posted

I was just driving at the time, I was just on my way home after being late off work. Slept like a log last night, feeling quite u well when i woke up, but the alarming symptoms seem to be on and off today. Keep getting tightness in my throat and neck.

Yeh I have had panic attack symptoms for months now, but keeping them under wraps, I even stopped taking my beta blockers two weeks ago. I've been to doctors numerous times.

• Posted

OK Mr greg90299. First of all please check with a doc. I hope you have a good one make sure your syptoms are anxiety vs heart issue or being hypoglycemic or diabetes, As they do have DO have the same effects. Then if you are on an antidepressant ( I took Celexa ) and for those times when I got so freaked out I had benzodiazapien on hand. OMG I could not make it w/o an immediate response to my panic. Anyway I will be praying for you. Make sure you get that checked out ASAP. Lorie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.