Thought My Anxiety Was Getting Better...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm extremely disappointed in myself, honestly. I thought this anxiey was getting better. I wish it would go away! I am sitting in my bed at 2 o'clock in the morning, really not wanting to go into my dark kitchen to make some chamomile tea, so I can sleep. I'm so anxious to the point where I can't even walk into the kitchen. I hate it. My boyfriend stayed over for a few days, and I got used to him being over here, snuggling me when I was having some trouble sleeping.

I know it sounds pathetic for me to sort of "rely" on my boyfriend to feel better. It's just that we joke about things, play games, and watch movies/shows together..and that helps. I wish he were here, so I didn't have to feel alone. Right now, he's asleep. 

I don't get why I'm having trouble sleeping, since I was super tired and practically falling asleep on my boyfriend, the whole day (he didn't like that too much...). My head feels heavy, I'm having heart palpitations, and some trouble breathing right. 

For a couple of days now, I haven't been having as much anxiety, until now. Now, I'm in a full-blown anxiety attack, feeling exhausted, and I'm having trouble sleeping. I really need someone to talk to. sad

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone , I have been going threw this everyday for the last week non stop . I was going threw it a lot a few months ago then it stopped and I was happy then all of a sudden started again , I am like you and am scared and just want things to be normal just knowing your not alone is that little bit of a relief that you think things will be ok . I really hope you get threw this as I am hoping the same
    • Posted

Thank you, so much! I just find myself wanting to sleep during the day, and can't at night, or at least, not well. Even with my boyfriend around, I've been having weird dreams/nightmares, but at least, I'm able to fall asleep for a while when he's around. My memory has been going down the drain. I noticed that when I wasn't really anxious for a couple of days, my thoughts began to get clearer, and I was remembering stuff more, like I used to. I feel terrible, and I feel like a failure, now that all of it is back. sad
    • Posted

Yep I am exact same I am tired and want to sleep all day even when I don't sleep I curl up in my bed all day it makes you feel worse and makes your mind keep thinking but u just can't get out of bed . I look on here all the time to hope someone is feeling the way I am so i know I'm not alone . I have two kids and I feel like a failure to them too , I just keep thinking its a illness and we will get threw this . We have too
    • Posted

I haven't had this for years, mind you. Only since November of 2015. I don't have any children, but I can imagine that it would be even harder on you. I have young siblings (3-year old boy & 5-year old girl), and I can't connect with them, like I want to.
  • Posted

I am so sorry,I also feel that way,I don't know if m physically sick or its just anxiety,I hope you and I overcome this feeling cos it's just too much... I also can't be alone cos it depresses me
  • Posted

Hey Keyla first of all don't be disappointed in yourself, it's just what happens with anxiety. I often have one or two good days and I think yes I'm doing so well but the next day is uuuggghhhh. Try to be positive for the good stuff, the nice times you had with your boyfriend. Insomnia is awful especially coupled with anxiety. Have you tried any breathing techniques, meditation or therapy ? Good luck with everything, you are not alone remember that. Stay strong, you'll get there. We all will. cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thank you. It's just that I don't have a car, a license, or a job. My mom has been neglecting to take me to make an appointment for therapy. I keep reminding her, and she never does it. There's always SOMETHING that comes up.. I do plan on getting into therapy, though. 
  • Posted

We spoke a bit before.

Did you end up looking into online therapy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.