Thought work would be a breeze 18 weeks post tkr

Posted , 7 users are following.

Still working on that extension stuck at -7 to - 10 but not giving up. Still doing the work. Bend find. Still swell etching but manageable.

Think I've been relatively lucky when I've seen what others have been through post tkr. However I didn't believe how exhausted I'd feel on phased return to work this week. Mornings only but so tired and can't believe how I'm already feeling overloaded. That's just not me I'm the cool as the cucumber girl normally I keep telling myself it's got to get better lol!

.Happy rehab all, Jan x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is a long haul!!   I am surprised by how exhausted I am!  I am almost six weeks, but it's oddly quite helpful to find that the physical tiredness goes on for a long time.  Looks like pacing is the name of the game!  It seems to be an art of balancing rest and activity! rolleyes

• Posted

😂😂 I think that's right but that's hard at work. Im still determined to keep up my exercise regime with one day off weekly

It's a haul indeed have a great weekend x

• Posted

Hi Jan,

I too am determined to keep up the exercises on my days off. I work3,(not in a row) and off 4. The choice of exercises are harder as im getting stronger ie weights getting added to some. I am still tired! I want to just lay in bed, so glad to be off but i dont....get up and do! Terrified if i get lazy. I'll slip back. Im still only 5 1/2months and not my old self yet. The left knee, i had both done same time, is still giving me some pain/ache problems, generally weaker. Glad for the forum and all stages of recovery.

:D

• Posted

Yes I use bands and weights and aquatone but its going to take ages to build up those quads. I can definetly notice a difference but long way to go !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.