thoughts? anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI! I'm so confused and scared right now. Since February I had this chronic lower abdominal pain, and also to my lower left (stabbing pain). My stools are always loose, mushy, not watery but just soft. Sometimes it had mucus but I dint see any blood. And I also felt discomfort in my bum (I have hemmies). Other than that I'm completely normal. never lose weight and my appetite is also ok. I already had blood test, unrinalysis, stool test and trans-v. All test came back normal. I just want to know what this is. The pain is there everyday. It's not severe but it's there specially after I eat. Is this div or something else? I will ask for a colonoscopy next week. Just want to have a peace of mind. Because Im scared this is something serious. Thank you!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed 6 months ago and can say that I've had discomfort just about everyday ever since.

Several doctors later and all have said its not diverticulitis, in that I have not got any infection.

It's dressing and scary

• Posted

Hi andy! Thanks for your reply? What are your other symptoms? Same as you, I experience everyday discomfort on my lower abdomen. This is just frustating. I just want a diagnosis. So I can be treated. This been going on for months now.. sad
    • Posted

I've been seeking the same.

A sigmoidoscopy proved inconclusive, certain foods make it worse.

I'm now trying counselling to stop me worrying about it

• Posted

I get not so much pain but discomfort and bloating in my lower right side which then moves to my left a few hours later.

Feel pressure when i urinate or pass wind.

My stools seem normal but occasionally there is mucus but no blood.

I'm in the UK and there doesn't seem to be any aftercare or advice about div apart from this group.

• Posted

Hi you don't have to have an infection to have dd and pain. I was diagnosed with a ct scan. No help out there but plenty on here with the same. You have to to find by trial and error what makes your pain worse. I think everyone can eat different things. Good luck come back and let us know how you get onĀ 
    • Posted

Yeah. It's not pain but more on discomfort/bloating. But the discomfort is more felt after I urinate and pass stools. Hope we feel better soon!
  • Posted

You need a coloscopy. Sounds as though there's irritation to the mucosa lining of your intestines. There may be several different causes of that. Chrons, food intolerance, even infections. Excessive antibiotics use can have this effect to. But you need to get diagnosed. Ask for coloscopy and move on from there. Meanwhile perhaps tr gluten free diet up til your appointment. At l

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I hope its just an irritation. I just finished my antibiotics 2 weeks ago and there seems to be no changes. I tried buscopan, it helped a little. Is the pain in divi like this? If i experience lower left pain it goes all the way to my legs and sometimes at my lowerback.
  • Posted

Sorry, meant to say check out smouldering diverticulitis too. I had ongoing pain for over 5 months after acute diverticulitis. There is well documented research out there confirming this. BAsically a subcatehory of patients are stuck with ongoing symptoms such as pain etc after acute episode. They have no raised inflammatory markers and negative ct scans. There is NO clinical indication of divertuiculitis apart from the pain. Now they operated on some of these patients and removed the part that is causing the pain. ALL had inflammation in this part. One even had an hidden abscess. The study was of 75 patients. And 100% had inflammation. Just goes to show. These patietns had all been cleared of diverticulitis pre op! I do take Boswellia resin which is a natural anti inflammatory. We are not allowed to take over counter NSAIDS so I tried this instead. I also occasionally take kolanticon for the bloating and gas. Thats Over counter IBS meds. I had to start taking amitryptiline after 5 months of pain as I couldnt work or function. This i took for 3 months. I then did the diet thing and I was pain free. Any infections or constipation will set the pain off again though. But Eden you need a coloscopy. Sounds as though there is an element of inflammation in your mucousa which they need to see to diagnose you. Good luck!
  • Posted

It may very well be only irritation. I always drink yogurt drinks when I get a sensitive tummy. Like a drink every 2-3 hours for a couple of days. Helps me. My pain after the initial acute phase is lingering for weeks even months. The guts are so sensitive. Any infection will produce inflammation afterwards and it can linger. I feel stabs, pulling , bloating, shooting pains. When its acute its different. Its continuous, stabbing and dull/ sharp. I can't walk straight, bend over, rest arms on stomach, sit down. Its all too uncomfortable. I taken paracetamol, codeine, tramadol, morphine all at same time just to cope with the pain. It numbs the pain, don't remove it. Just makes it bearable so I can sleep through it. The muccus you mention is a sign of inflammation or infection. This needs to be evaluated by your doctor. No one can say what's what without further testing. Its quite possible and most likely nothing to worry about. Its just to be certain nothing nasty is lurking about. Its reassuring you have no weight loss or blood. That's very good signs. Don't worry but get yourself booked in to confirm diagnosis. This condition we got is nerve wrecking enough. And yes, I totally agree there is not much help to be had from the NHS. I lost months of my life and begged for help but nothing. Its disgusting. Felt so low after diagnosis when I realised I was on my own with this battle. I'm glad we have this forum to support each other and share information. I did wonder at times if this was it, my life to be in constant pain?! But I can tell you the pain will eventually go away given time. Just hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.