Thoughts in head

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any tips of getting the bad thoughts running through my head to stop. I have been on Citalopram now for 3 months. It seems that I only feel anxious when I am thinking about it. I think there is something wrong with me or that I am not a normal person. I feel like an alien when I am out in public and that I am not actually where I am. Some days the thoughts are all day. Other days it seems they come and go. Should the Citalopram be working by now? I am alone a lot and dont like to leave the house. I only leave for work. Weekends are spent on my own sitting on the couch and the thoughts running wild. 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I am the same. You NEED to keep busy, even if you don't feel like it. When I'm with people my thoughts are almost non existent. When im alone, they are literally non stop
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hopefully things get better for you Jen. I am very spaced out as well like I don't really know what's going on even though I do. It's almost like I am in a very strange world. I have improved but just can't get over this hump. I am all alone where I live and don't know anyone so makes it tough for me. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was diagnosed with anxiety about 10 years ago and went on Citalopram. I then came off it cold turkey in August and havent felt the same since. I have been back on it down since October 21st but still not feeling myself. All I can think about is it is a Brain Tumor or some kind of cancer in my brain because I dont know why I feel like this. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up